Moreton Island Oct 2019

benno573

Not this time mate... only crumbed and deep fried snapper fillets this time. Need you there to fully appreciate the mars bar option.

fishing generally was off the chain this trip. When I throw back 11 legal flathead you know it’s going well...

forgot to mention - managed the perfect trifecta of flatties on one morning with a dusky, sand and bar tail all landed and released within about 2 hrs. That was a first for me. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. I used to go over there to North Point many years ago with the Hospitals fishing club. Great weekends! They had a ex army truck with aircraft tyres that took us fro: the barge to their camping area. They had generators, freezers, bunk beds and everything you needed for a comfortable weekend. We used to head to Harpers at Cape Moreton and fish for huge mulloway. You had to watch out for rogue waves though, which was difficult to do in the pitch black. Certainly got the adrenaline going! Not sure if the club is still going but I would recommend it if they still exist.