how an you \"dob\" on a fisherman?

Liquor Box

I was having a quiet session at the Indro bridge this afternoon and there was an asian kid around 15 years old.

He had in crab pots and only got one- It was an absolute monster, i didn't realize crabs got that big!

He turns around to me and asks \"are you worried about taking females\" I replied that they have to go back! He then through the pot back in, with the crab still inside.

I am guessing after I left he removed the pot and crab and kept it. I dont know if it was a female but suspect it was.

I was going to say something to him but he had 3 mates there and their 4 fishing knives would out do my one! I try not to start an argument while fishing as most of us have knives.

What should I have done? Is there a number you can call to dob on someone?

Usually I am not a dobber but it really shits me when people break the rules...and then he will complain there are no crabs anymore!

What would you have done?

Its also not unusual for people to leave a Jenny in the pot in the hope it will attract a dopey male or two (not legal, but common, probably does no harm if they are letting her go eventually!)

If you want DPI out, you had better tell them they have 250 undersize crabs, a 30 foot boat, and a huge fridge.

its the brissy river mate, i say anyone who eats the @#$$% out of there can have my share and everyone elses share who refuses to eat it.

im not racist but i see mainly ethnic groups flogging it for food fish in that section and i know most of em dont give a fok about rules or regs so at least it keeps em busy and away from the better eating stuff, untill they learn the ropes

Depends on species. Obviously Catties would be bad:sick: and Bream and Cod that would hang around the same area all their life would be a bit sus. But species that move in and out with the seasons would be fine (ie Sharks, Snapper, Tailor etc).

I dunno if you were here for it Liquor Box, but Jordan (Jordan) and Troy (Blue_Mako) had a few big arguements with alot of groups of people at Shultz Canal. Jordan rang up the fisheries many times about taking undersize and female Crabs, but the fisheries didn't do a thing:dry:. Then they confronted the people doing it and Troy got punched in the face for his troubles:ohmy:. So it's best not to do anything and let the fisheries sort it out, but some times they don't pay attemntion to what you have to say.

Sadly it all comes down to economics.

The enforcement guys are spread thinly on the ground and need to judge weather the offence is worth tying up two officers for a trip out from where they are working and back, plus possible a court date later.

This is the reason we can't get them to drive from Pinkenba up to Somerset or Moogerah to nail half a dozen people exceeding the bag limits.

well for you blokes with your heart in the right place, have a look at this.

/>http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/2972.html

This would be a good idea for anyone with a potential to talk to new migrants, they are probably the easiest \"offenders\" to influence, the local offenders would actually know they are breaking the law, so education is wasted on them.

its not nice to brand people, i love how you first say that you are not racist and then follow it with a racist remark. all i can say is: there are people who break the rules and there are people who dont. lets just hope that there are more of us who follow the rules.

QUOTE ROB -

im not racist but i see mainly ethnic groups flogging it for food fish in that section and i know most of em dont give a fok about rules or regs so at least it keeps em busy and away from the better eating stuff, untill they learn the ropes.

How is that racist? Hes stating a fact that certain groups fish their and they dont give a fuck about the rules, Thats not racist.

That would be the \"mainly ethnic\" bit Fisher 90.

Its racial stereotyping. Like telling Irish jokes.

It may or may not be correct, that does not matter under the racial discrimination act. (Unless of course your a politician, then you can infer that certain racial groups are low lifes who try to drown their own children by tossing them overboard etc etc.)

But if we could get more people with influence (and that probably does mean people from the same racial background, which is a racist comment by me, but nevertheless probably still true) into programs like the one I highlighted above, we can start educating offenders and potential offenders.

One thing that Governments have probably got right in the last 30 years is that they have realised it is not worth spending money on educating adults all that much, money spent gets much better results by educating the young, and influencing their minds while their personal ethics and believes are still being developed.

IE heavy focus on smoking, drinking, conservation and environmentalism in high schools and universities over the last 20 years.

fact? what fact? are you telling me that you have some proof? does it say somewhere how much illegal fish is taken by \"ethnics\" and how many illegal fish is caught by \"whites\"? or are you just making assumptions about a race because they are different from you? or is it 10 people that you saw with your own eyes.

i know a few asian fishermen and they are very responsible when taking fish. and then again i have seen other asian people take anything. but that same goes for whites, and whoever. all i am saying is that there are people who care about protecting the future and there are prople who dont! and there are people who just dont know. maybe a little education would go a long way. i dont mean to sound weird but when people start branding prople it just gets me all wound up.

regards

the proof's in the pudding. there's nothing that you can say to convince me that there is not an above average incident of new australians taking undersize fish. it's very upsetting to see, almost impossible to fix and a certifiable truth, in my opinion. i'm upset enough about it without someone telling me i'm a racist.

fisher90 you are right, i have never been at Shorncliffe Pier but i have been at that sand pumping place (spit, gold coast) and it is absolutely ridiculous how many people fish there what people take, i mean they take anything that swims.

maybe thats why i fish alone in places general public cant get to.

it is a difficult topic

I dont give a rats a@# if their green yellow blue white or black when I hit the DPI hotline speed dial on my mobile they are all the same

BTW

reminds me of a story I read

A man wakes during the night to see 2 torch lights flickering in his garage

He calls the police and gets the responce sorry we are really busy we can't get anyone around for atleast 2 hours disgusted he hangs up

5 minutes later he reports he has just shot and killed the 2 intruders

within 5 min there are cop cars everywhere

the Head cop asks where are the bodies the man points to his garage

The police find the 2 intruders hiding in the garage still alive

the head cop says to the man in a furius voice you told us you shot them

his responce was you told me you could not get here for 2 hrs :P

there's definitely a larger proportion of Asian taking illegal fish then local. if a color must be put on this, yellow>black>white. but it doen't tell anything. you cannot walk to a yellow and say u r taking undersized fish b4 he actually catch anything. and u cannot guarantee a white would 100% follow the rules.

most of the time, when i see 1-2 blokes taking undersized fish, i would go and tell them about the rules, though 99% of the time they just pretend they don;t understand. i have seen vietnanese taking over 60 bass from NPD but i didn't say anything cuz there were 8 of them.

there r racists here but what can we do? just like when the korean taking 9cm bream and 6cm whiting, u don't even wanna tell them anything cuz u know it won't work.

thats a very sad video kevin that brings home some of the reality of triabalism as far as im concerned im a racist i dont like humans and what we do to the plannet but all this stuff about black vs white yellow pink or green is triabalistic hate which has been brought down from genrerations of \"what is it i dont know kill it and well find out\" as for asians taking a=undersize fish ive seen the results for my self pretty often but as feral said quite often people new to the country try to live the way they know they just dont unerstand our size/bagliimits and to some they might find them harsh or disagree withthem so they do as they please, if you have never ignored a speed sign or a collecting fish sign or used a borderline livie or enjoyed a recreational drug or perved on a pretty schoolgirl or wished your dickhead neighbour with the 1000w stereo was dead than you probably have the right to call people racist or whatever im not perfect so i call myself a prick and asume everyone elese is to untill proven otherwise to all the nice people out there good luck you will probably need it.

ps help im stuck on a big soapy box and cant get off

jason

any replies pls send to

www.someonewhogivesafark.com

Archived