Fishing Spots For Kids In The Goodna Area

samissamforsam

G'day all im looking to take my brothers  kid (6 years old) out for his first ever little fish  as he has recently discovered fishing videos on youtube and is in love with the idea, does anyone know of any easy access spots in the goodna area that i could take him for a flick? doesn't matter what species are about i will even go for catties i just want the young fella to have a bit of fun, landbased only as my wife wont let me get a boat haha

cheers for any help you can give lads

sam

Have a 'Google' for access along the river. You should be able to pick up some catties in the river given enough time soaking bait. Be careful of their spines (one at the start of the dorsal fin and one either side in the pectoral fins) as they are pretty painful of you get stuck.

I've spotted a couple of areas, marked in blue below, that I'd try if I was in the area.

Good luck. Hope you get a few. Let us know how you get on.

goodna.thumb.JPG.f62ed6f728e7bef50fba9d8b43d73da9.JPG

@natang @ellicat g'day  guys i ended up taking my nephew out to the boat ramp at first but it was a bit too chockers with some rougher people so we moved to colleges crossing where the nephew caught a 24cm bream that for its size was a chonker, we let him go and moved to kookaburra park as the young one was desperate to catch a real live catfish. we caught three catties (biggest was maybe 30cm max) which he went bonkers over and an eel which he was terrified of. The heat of the day and all the adventure caught up to him at this point and he was nodding off holding his rod so i took him home, this was my first time really spending time with him by myself and i'm beyond grateful you guys put me onto some good spots for him to have fun at. so thanks guys i really appreciate the help.

ps. he is already bugging his father ( a very indoors type of man) to take him fishing next weekend