GregOug

New Member Interested In Fishing Moreton Bay

Hi all,

Just joined. Based on Brisbane Northside. Just sold a 35 foot flybridge cruiser (thank goodness - never again) and have ordered a Stejcraft ss64. Not sure of delivery date yet but probably within two months. I am looking for a group/club interested in fishing Moreton Bay, or any tips/spots etc. Although I have been fishing the bay for close on forty years I now have more time on my hands, and intend to spend much more time out there.

Welcome to the forum mate. I just googled your Stejcraft - that's one slick looking rig, enjoy when it arrives!!  @Doyley may be able to advise on a northside fishing club that may be beneficial for you - I know he is part of one (Toorbul from memory) but not sure if you're after estuary fishing or more out in the bay (the latter I suspect).

Depending on where you launch from/intend to fish, it may also pay to keep an eye on these rolling reports

Please login or register to view this content
  They are mainly for the central bay area around Green Island/Peel Island/Rous Channel but also the Sandhills area for whiting and school mackerel.

Thanks KM. Much appreciated. I will keep an eye on those fishing reports. Although, given the amount of wind we’ve been getting lately, I imagine they’ll be pretty succinct. 
With regard to the stejcraft, I decided to go with the new Mercury 200hp Pro XS, which should be a bit of a beast. V8. lol

Please login or register to view this attachment

Thanks for the heads up. I’m afraid the boat is going to have to put up with getting dirty at times. Hopefully it will mean I’m bringing a few keepers in. I used to fish Bribie passage and Moreton a lot when I was younger. I lived on Bribie for about 5 years. My house used to back onto Dux Creek before the marina even went in.