Family Holiday To Noosa

Luke866251

Gday all, just Joined the forum but been a avid reader since arriving to Brisbane from OS 11 months ago. I am taking my family to Noosa for a holiday and am hoping to catch some sandies land based! Never been to Noosa before and can’t seem to find anything online, hoping to get some advice here. We are staying close to Hastings street if that helps. Thank you in advance. Luke. 

It might be a bit late now but Hastings Street area is a good base.

You can walk the entire shore of the woods bay which holds a lot of different fish at any time of the day, around the corner of the bays will take you along the dog beach and river mouth, watch out for the current here as it really rips at the end of the tides. You can fish most of the main beach stretch but from the mouth to the middle rock wall will be your best bet to avoid people swimming. The jetty around the Sheraton will hold a lot of bream. If you're keen you can go to the top of the national park car park and walk out to Granite Bay for rock fishing, otherwise head back towards Noosaville along Gympie Terrace or Weyba Road, Weyba is a lot quieter and has some really good sand and weed beds.

Good luck mate, post any catches you get here.

woods bay.png

Yep, some nice spots along Gympie Terrace that are perfect for kids and the variety can be pretty decent with whiting, flathead, bream (sometimes in plague proportions ...), tarwhine, mangrove jack, cod and moses perch caught by my clan along there. We fish the sandy point in line with Robert St, nice little drop-off that also produces herring with a castnet.