Need To Remove Petrol Outboard To Go Into Dams? | Seq

Ryannnnnnnn

Hello,

To access dams in SEQ like Hinze for example that don't allow petrol motor use, do I need to completely remove the petrol motor from the boat or can I have it trimmed up out of the water?

I'd rather have it trimmed up, in case my electric failed and I couldn't get back with my paddles and have absolutely no way of getting back.

As far as I know you can leave your motor on (with no fuel can) in all seq water dams except NPD and Ewen Maddock.Not sure what the rule is for fuel hose. Some people glad wrap the motor.There is no rule you can use the motor if the elecy breaks down.They let you leave the motor on as to save you unbolting it.If they let people leave the motor on with fuel can, the temptation to start it after you leave the ramp would be to much.

Fuel tank MUST be removed and if that not possible fuel line must be either removed or disconnected, You cannot use your petrol motor under any circumstances on an leccy only  dam. There are plenty of dams where petrol motors allowed see SEQ water Website

https://www.seqwater.com.au/locations-and-guides

Cheers Ray

Edited by rayke1938