Sign in to follow this  
Ryannnnnnnn

queensland Need To Remove Petrol Outboard To Go Into Dams? | Seq

Hello,

To access dams in SEQ like Hinze for example that don't allow petrol motor use, do I need to completely remove the petrol motor from the boat or can I have it trimmed up out of the water?

I'd rather have it trimmed up, in case my electric failed and I couldn't get back with my paddles and have absolutely no way of getting back.

As far as I know you can leave your motor on (with no fuel can) in all seq water dams except NPD and Ewen Maddock.Not sure what the rule is for fuel hose. Some people glad wrap the motor.There is no rule you can use the motor if the elecy breaks down.They let you leave the motor on as to save you unbolting it.If they let people leave the motor on with fuel can, the temptation to start it after you leave the ramp would be to much.

Fuel tank MUST be removed and if that not possible fuel line must be either removed or disconnected, You cannot use your petrol motor under any circumstances on an leccy only  dam. There are plenty of dams where petrol motors allowed see SEQ water Website

Please login or register to view this content

Cheers Ray

Edited by rayke1938

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Similar Content

• By Hweebe
      After reports on FB about winter whiting on the chew headed over to rous/small ships channel.
      Launched from Manly @1st light (6ish). Tide was running out at start of session but turn of tide was only a few hours later.
      Have found that ideal scenario is first light, incoming tide and either wind or current pushing our drift about 0.5-1knot so our guess was the bite would  be hot around from 7 to 9am
      So we pulled up in the middle of spot x and we were straight on. For the next hour and half the action was non stop, between me and my partner we ran three rods, two in the water and one in the boat with whiting to be dehooked and rebaited. 

We started with peeled prawns but bite was too hot and swapped to squid which was being readily taken as well as Berkeley red worms. (I run 3 droppers).
      Action was hectic and as we were out at first light only a handful of boats around.
      By about 9am we had 60 in the bucket. By this time quite a few more boats probably grown to 30 boats.
      Even with all the boats we could see everyone was catching just not at the same rate from earlier in the morning.
      We decided 60 was enough to fillet and also we like to our whiting fresh. We left the the whiting still on the bite but I was was keen on having to constantly adjust my drift with so many boats around. Could have continued fishing but Back at the ramp by 12pm no ramp rage to be seen Please login or register to view this image.
      Sorry no photos other then what we cooked up for lunch. So good and fresh as....

Please login or register to view this attachment Tight lines.
      hweebe

• By rayke1938
      Another day for searching at NPD yesterday. 20 bass in first 2 hours searched over most of the dam in next 4 hours to add 5 fish and went back to the first spot to bring the tally to 39 bass and 1 yella Just beat the rain when we knocked off.

Please login or register to view this attachment
    • By Leosonfire
      Only been a member for a few weeks and everyone is so helpful and positive! Absolutely loving it
    • By shaun1800
      I love wetting a line but have always struggled to find time, particularly since becoming a dad. Well, like a lot of people I was made redundant from my job recently so suddenly I have plenty of time for fishing.
      I moved to wynnum about 6 months but haven't really had much luck in any of the recommended spots.
      It would be good to explore some new spots and try to learn a thing or two (still struggling to figure out the bloody soft plastics). So if anyone's keen to go for a fish somewhere (happy to venture out to redcliffe etc), let me know.

• By AUS-BNE-FISHO
      Hi all
      Today was the day I had my charter for my b'day. It was at the Gold Coast, around the Jumpinpin/GC Seaway area. I was fishing onboard Coastal Spot Fishing Safaris, which is owned by Thomas Seabach. It was my third time going out with him.  We certainly had our hopes high, as each other time it had been great fishing. Here is a link to their website - 

Please login or register to view this content I went to bed early last night so I could wake up early, as we were driving there in the morning. I managed to wake myself twice over the night, once at 11:00PM, and the other time at 3:30AM. My clock eventually went off though, at 4:30AM. After preparing everything, we were out of the house by five. It took a bit over an hour to get there, and we were eventually at the Runaway Bay boat ramp, waiting for Thomas. 
      He got there, at 6:30AM on the dot, and we were on the water at about quarter to seven. The first part of the day was to catch live bait. We motored into the first location, and saw some rises, but unfortunately after he did a few casts of the net we had nothing, so to the next canal we went. Yep, you guessed it - nothing after about 20 more minutes in this canal... We finally found an OK spot, up one of the side canals. As well as herring, there were some big mullet being chased, and something really big chasing them. Jack? Trevally? 
      Bait was eventually caught, which consisted of some big herring and a lone silver biddy. We motored out to the first spot, the GC Seaway (mouth). It wasn't very nice here, but I was feeling OK. I dropped the first bait down, and in about ten minutes, I got a good hit. It either spat the hook, or I pulled the hook, but no hook hooked it. I was told it was most likely to be a jew, because of the strike. Bugger! I really wanted a legal jew today. 

Something far smaller began picking it after, and I set my circle hook in the mouth of a bream. It wasn't that big, 26cm, but we like our bream, and while we get little meat off it, it is still good. I quickly pulled up another one, but it was to borderline to keep so back he went. My dad had still gotten nothing - surprising. This spot we normally pull up lots of big, solid, breambos but right now, it was quiet. 

At least i got something! 
      I started to feel sick, and since it was just us onboard, and i was told to go back if I even felt slightly crook, we reeled our lines in and went to drift for flatties. My dad's line actually had a small one on, which turned out to be a sand flathead. Cool! That was the first one of them I've ever seen. 
      At flatty spot number one, we managed a grand total of... Nothing!  The guide was flicking a little blade, while we were still drifting. He managed a couple though. A flatty, one or two centimetres under legal size, and a flounder, which unfortunately spat the hook as it was coming into the boat. The next spot was similar for us,  but there was still some action. Thomas was getting the odd hit on his lure, and while I was caught off guard my line went off. I missed the strike completely though, and lost what would've been an OK fish. Sigh! 
      The last spot we shot off to was another flat area. Thomas said there is good structure, weed patches, that is. That means it's good for squid, as well as flatties. We started our drift, and down went our live herrings. It was quiet for quite a while, and we had some choc-chip biccies,  but then I got a hit. I struck hard, and probably started pulling up my catch to eagerly. It just so happens this was a squid, and the second it saw us, it dropped the hook . It was apparently an OK one too. (Thomas saw it). I love calamari. That was disappointing. We kept up the drift though, and in the last five minutes of the days session, I struck, and I WAS ON! Woohoo. A short fight ensured an OK flatty coming up, which looked very borderline legal. We measured it, and it was 38cm... Ahh, that was disappointing. One keeper for the whole day! 

It wasn't happy to see us - tried to run away from the boat twice! (On the surface!). 
      We got back to the ramp, and I took out the left over herring (not many) for freezer baits. We chucked the bream and herring in the esky, and after saying thank you and our goodbye's to Thomas, we went on the journey home. It really was a nice day out. Just enough wind to keep us at a good temperature, good boat, good food... The only disappointing thing was that we struck out on the fish . 

Me looking depressed with a 26cm keeper  
      I cleaned the fish when I got home, which is pretty hard when it is so small. In hindsight, I should've scaled, gutted, and just kept the rest of the body on the maximise meat but I knocked some fillets off and did a dodgy bone removal job. I need to improve my filleting! 

Please login or register to view this image (Tomorrow's dinner)
      Here are the stats of the trip - 
      Trip stats - 
      Tide: High tide, 8:35AM, 1.26M, Low tide, 3:10PM, .37M
      Moon Phase: 56% full, so not the strongest run
      Tackle used: I'm unsure on most of it, but we had large-small ball sinkers (depending on current), small circle hooks, and small lines. 
      Fish caught: Yellowfin Bream x 2, Sand Flathead x 1, Dusky Flathead x 2, Flounder x 1
      Bait caught: Herring and biddy
      Bait used: Herring
      Water Temp: 17.5 degrees Celsius
      Air Pressure: 1017
      Overall Success Rate: 50% - A good day out at least
      Hope you all enjoyed this report, because it'd done now. We certainly didn't do as good as expected, but at least we got onto a couple of fish in the whole day. Sadly for me, my hols are over, but they's been great fun, with lots of fishing... Oh yeah, and there are still three mor BR sessions to be reported (not that they are that exciting though). 
      Cheers Hamish Please login or register to view this image 
  • Latest Topics

• Popular Contributors

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Most Liked Topic This Month

• Random Topics

• Newest Clubs

• Links