Wish List For 2020

Old Scaley

Ok, so 2019 is pretty much done and dusted for me.  Now I don’t work any more and can get out on the water while most of you are are doing the hard yards at work, I will probably stay off the water until the Xmas break is over. But I am already thinking about my fishing goals for next year. Here they are:

1. Get amongst the prawns in the late summer/early Autumn run. I have a good net and lots of time available but will need to sharpen up my casting and find a good deckie to help me out with the boat manoeuvres and take turns at casting.  

2. Mangrove jack - haven’t chased them for a while and haven’t caught one for a few years, so they are on the list.

3. Macks- school, spotted or Spanish, In Moreton Bay or beyond.

4. Catch a longtail tuna in Moreton Bay.  Have caught them in other places but they have defeated me so far in the Bay.

Pretty modest list really. Anyone else care to share their wish list for 2020?

1 hour ago, christophagus said:

feel sorry for my boat collecting cobwebs. Need to learn to go on solo trips, thats all i want for next year, confidence in solo launch and retrieve trips

Hi Chrisophagus, what boat do you have? Understand the meaning of free time with babies.

i can take my eldest out in the boat, youngest is a few years away.

my wish list is.

1. Catch a nice feed of tailor with my Son

2. Take my old man on a successful mackerel session in the bay

3. Explore the bay more

4. Catch a long tail tuna

5. My son catches a flathead

3 hours ago, christophagus said:

feel sorry for my boat collecting cobwebs. Need to learn to go on solo trips, thats all i want for next year, confidence in solo launch and retrieve trips

My tips on this would be to try and launch at harbours or ramps protected from current and wind. I launch and retrieve my Fisher 5.6m solo - I pull the winch hook/cable down towards the end of the trailer before I hop in and reverse down the ramp and use a bow rope to swing the boat around as needed - you could also tie on a stern rope to give more control from the back of the boat if you feel you need it. My boat has a canopy which catches the wind a bit but I manage fine.

When my kids were too young to fish, I found night sessions in the river were a good compromise.

18 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

My tips on this would be to try and launch at harbours or ramps protected from current and wind. I launch and retrieve my Fisher 5.6m solo - I pull the winch hook/cable down towards the end of the trailer before I hop in and reverse down the ramp and use a bow rope to swing the boat around as needed - you could also tie on a stern rope to give more control from the back of the boat if you feel you need it. My boat has a canopy which catches the wind a bit but I manage fine.

When my kids were too young to fish, I found night sessions in the river were a good compromise.

never thought of the ropes, great tip, thanks mate

20 hours ago, Towknee said:

Hi Chrisophagus, what boat do you have? Understand the meaning of free time with babies.

i can take my eldest out in the boat, youngest is a few years away.

my wish list is.

1. Catch a nice feed of tailor with my Son

2. Take my old man on a successful mackerel session in the bay

3. Explore the bay more

4. Catch a long tail tuna

5. My son catches a flathead

ive got a Quintrex 500 coast runner.