Making Some Flasher Rigs Or Snapper Rigs For Better Tackle

Better Tackle

4 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

G'day Better Tackle

Those rigs you are manufacturing look spectacular - they are done with such dedication just by looking at the video. Do you make rigs for the surf (surf poppers) by the way?

Cheers Hamish

Mate for now though.  I am slowly working on a lot more gear in the background and we will be releasing larger poppers hopefully before the end of the year but surf poppers are something I do want to work on.

I have always been a bait fisho though accept when chasing GT's.  I am currently working on a few whiting rigs this season but I am taking the entire season to work out which ones are working the best and then tweak them a little bit more.  

I am also just concentrating just for now in 4 packs of rigs.  Just really simple classic fishing rigs but with great gear.  Something you can grab, know that it is something you really can trust and making sure the packaging is all eco-friendly.

Over time I will work on other collection and I do also specialty orders for a lot of people but I would need to work on surf poppers for a long time to make them up to a standard I would be happy with. 

Thanks for your comment though mate.   

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Alright, sounds good. I'd love to use those whiting rigs when you are done with the trial and tweaks. 🙂

Cheers Hamish

yeah all good mate.  I will have a few different types.  One for off the beach, and two different types for off the boat.  Sizes to match winter and summer whiting and also for King George whiting.   Both in long shank and circles.  Just trying to get a decent deal on tru-turns for the long shanks

12 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Sounds good - it's great that there's going to be a variety of rigs and that they suit all whiting types. When do you expect they'll be ready?

Cheers Hamish

Well barra season is coming up so estuary rigs are my next release.  I am also doing up some, what I call purist flasher rigs which will be an improved flasher model with Gamkatsu hooks. 

Have a few lads that target whiting specifically with some of my prototypes at the moment.

I do not want to put a time frame on them to be honest mate. But when I think they are better than anything else on the market and my testers all agree, well then I will release a small batch and get feed back before i release a large one.   No matter how much we test there are always other fishos that have good little ideas or tweaks and I am not the sort of person that does not listen.

Estuary rigs sounds good. Do you intend on making ones for live baiting up north or ones for stuff like flathead, cod, etc down here. It's good you don't have a time frame to be honest, I'm sure when your rigs are released they will be the top of the market. It's also very smart of you to release a small batch then wait for feedback, everyone's opinion helps. 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

2 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Estuary rigs sounds good. Do you intend on making ones for live baiting up north or ones for stuff like flathead, cod, etc down here. It's good you don't have a time frame to be honest, I'm sure when your rigs are released they will be the top of the market. It's also very smart of you to release a small batch then wait for feedback, everyone's opinion helps. 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

Mate the flaties love the flashers hooks so we will be releasing ones that are a for running sinkers.  Single hook and also 2 hook snooded.  Everything I make is for live or dead bait.  

The flashers are designed to be used with bait they are basically a "Lazy man Lure" which is what I was going to call Better Tackle but since I was not just concentrating on flashers it was a cool name but did not reflect what I will actually do.

They will be in both 30lb and 50lb leaders as I am a CQ boy and I personally fish heavy.

The thready and the grouper below were all caught on our Flasher rigs and the barras were caught on our old estuary range that I have taken off for now as I was not 100% happy with them.

Threadfin Salmon flasher rigs.png

80474800_2606063599485970_4384828482962587648_n.jpg

Barra-better-tackle.jpg

45023241_2046898635366505_5416440251201617920_n.jpg

47682469_10216230595708980_6371794071941283840_n.jpg

GREAT STUFF!

I normally go a bit heavy to, just because in the Brisbane River by catch from sharks in common when thready/jewie fishing and i don't like the light line rubbing on the fishes mouth. Though, I've caught a threadfin on 12lb mono - lucky it wasn't to big though. The flathead rig sounds great, i don't have a sure fire rig for flatties at the moment actually, just the old running sinker - catch bream, whiting, flathead, etc. 

Those are some seriously big barra to, i think the biggest I've ever caught was just legal. These rigs sound like they are going to be excellent for all the fish i target lots, I will certainly invest in some. 🙂

Cheers Hamish