Gold Coast Fishing Destinations

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Hi all

I'm planning a fishing trip to the GC this Friday and I'm looking for some spots. So far, we are going to try our luck at the spit with pilchards or spinning for some pelagic species (probably tuna, bonito, tailor or mackerel). Though, I'm struggling to find a spot that looks uncrowded and has a wide variety of the following species; Dusky Flathead, Sand Whiting, Yellowfin/Pikey Bream, Estuary Cod, Mulloway, Mangrove Jack and good live bait. I'm not sure if anyone would like to give up there prized spot 😉 but if you have any pointers on what area i should be looking in it would be much appreciated (Surfers Paradise beaches or Nerang area.) 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

P.S. I will update on the plan at the end of the day and see if everyone has some better techniques (tackle, where to fish, etc)

P.S.S. It's my Dad's day off work on Friday so he can take us up there 🙂 

A bit tough to find a spot that will tick all your species boxes, but if you 'Google map' the Nerang River you should be able to locate some parks where you can have a fish for whiting, grunter, bream and maybe a flatty. Look for parks/access points where you can see a sandbank in the water. Anything with a rock wall could see you in with a chance for an estuary cod.

I think to find a mulloway you would have to be fishing from a rocky headland at night.

Good luck

Hi ellicat

Thanks for that, I've already been searching the Nerang area and in a fishing book and so far I'm going to go to the spit, Sundale Bridge and Macintosh Island area. I'll take a closer look in the Nerang too.

Thanks for that information, I probably won't be going for jewies this time unless I snag one early morning at the spit.

Cheers Hamish 🙂