Brisbane River Session #3

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Hi ellicat

Yeah, I think all pike eels are evil 😉 

I'm happy to hear the prawns are going too, they were mainly big ones good for eating/live bait with a couple ones good for bream bait/curries. (I don't eat them)

I've actually caught frog-mouth a fair way up from there too in decent schools so yeah, they are in the river 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

Great job Hamish, sounds like a fun night despite the at times rude company. Good you had your Dad & brother with you - be very careful if fishing locations such as these alone at night and go home if necessary as you never know what could happen, particularly given most fishermen have a knife as part of their gear. Oh and great idea recording the vital stats (moon, tide, etc) as they will serve you well to look back on and work out patterns (something I have been VERY lazy with ..... 😞). 

Hi kmcrosby78

Thanks for that, it was a still a very fun night 🙂 

Yeah, I'm probably no where near old enough to stay at one of those spots alone at night, though I think in most fishing situations when I'm a bit older I'd be with a mate from school, because as well as it being easier to land fish, it's a lot safer 🙂 Yeah, it's my first time recording the stats though seeing as every man and there dog are there I thought it must be a good night.

Cheers Hamish 🙂