Who Is Using A Fishing Diary

Old Scaley

Hi Old Scaley

I have been keeping one for my fishing trips, this is how I set them out in case it helps.

Date:                                                 

Fish Caught:

Lures/Baits Used:

Tide time:

Weather:

Moon cycle:

Tackle:

Overall Success Rate:

That's how I make up mine, if there's anything else you think I could add/that I've missed, I'd love to hear it 🙂 The moon cycle is just something I've thought of too.

I normally write them up on a sketchbook but I've been a bit slack lately lol. I keep mine for the exact same reason as you, to see when to and to not go to that spot. 

Hope this helped 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

I haven't got around to using/creating one Steve, but like you I should have. Would have provided handy info for all the times I spent fishing Mud for snapper and the river mouth for jewies/snapper. I now fish mostly around Green Island so should get organised and start one. From what I've ready of others reports over the years, definitely moon phase and wind direction would be good to record. I also should take more time to take note of what bait is around at what times of the year (and try to catch and use them ..... 🙂). Perhaps 2020 will be our year mate ...... 🙂 

17 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I haven't got around to using/creating one Steve, but like you I should have. Would have provided handy info for all the times I spent fishing Mud for snapper and the river mouth for jewies/snapper. I now fish mostly around Green Island so should get organised and start one. From what I've ready of others reports over the years, definitely moon phase and wind direction would be good to record. I also should take more time to take note of what bait is around at what times of the year (and try to catch and use them ..... 🙂). Perhaps 2020 will be our year mate ...... 🙂 

Well, I am going to start today so that I have some sort of record of what I did wrong. I will do a quick report so I have a record, but it was a pretty quiet outing.  @kmcrosby78, when are you going to win the Lotto so you can give up work and fish midweek?

22 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Well, I am going to start today so that I have some sort of record of what I did wrong. I will do a quick report so I have a record, but it was a pretty quiet outing.  @kmcrosby78, when are you going to win the Lotto so you can give up work and fish midweek?

Still waiting for you to tell me the winning numbers mate ....... 🙂 Yes, being able to fish mid-week would be great!!

• 2 weeks later...