Slow Morning At The Pob

Old Scaley

Hi Old Scaley

That’s a nice session you had, despite not catching what you wanted. If you can, I recommend fishing with live bait around the docks with one soft vibe lure. Good to see some crabs too 🙂 

I find dead baiting with herring, mullet etc is always very efficient for fish, I caught my profile picture one on half a dead herring lol. 

The fishing journal is also good, thanks for the statistics. 

Cheers Hamish

3 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Now that sounds like one of my fishing trips! However, the only difference is you actually managed to catch something! lol

It could be worthwhile me keeping a diary though, if only to advise people where and when not to fish.

Hi GregOug

Haha, I know the feeling lol.

I do advise you keep a fishing diary as well, it will help to see what tides/moons etc to go fishing.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Nice one mate. Glad you got the chance to get out. 

I bet the crabs were delicious. 

Hope to see you next weekend for the meeting. 

Thanks Robbie. Definitely there next weekend.  By the way, I renewed my membership with OzFish and got a new cap, a nice head sock, a $10 voucher with BCF, and another OzFish sticker. Not bad value for $20, @Drop Bear

3 hours ago, GregOug said:

I just joined OzFish too and got the same goodies

You might be interested in joining the Moreton Bay Chapter and helping to regenerate shellfish reefs in the Bay. It is a really good crew doing lots of good work.  Contact @Drop Bear if you would like more info.

• 2 weeks later...