Has Anyone Used The Daiwa Legalis Lt .

Brodie_S

Daiwa vs shimano spin reels  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Just seeing which brand you guys prefer. Note im a daiwa person but i also like some shimano stuff to

• Daiwa
    • Shimano

has anyone used the daiwa legalis lt . I have a aird lt i love that reel but im looking for a another reel i will be looking to get one in the 2000 size

which is the the same as my daiwa aird lt . Mainly looking to use the reel for dusky flathead . I’ve seen reviews of the reel and its mostly positive but

i want to see what you guys think to. 

do you have a nasci and if you do . and whats its Longevity like . I’ve felt them in the tackle stores and they feel nice but how long does that nice feeling last for?. Btw i do have a 2500 sienna and love it but can't picture myself using one with 6lb braid and 8lb leader

it just feels to heavy for that finesse flathead fishing . Feels more like a mangrove jack reel or a standard flathead reel. If i was to get another sienna I’d probably get a 1000 

Hey Breaming with bro

The longevity on my Nasci is still going - I got it last Christmas, and it still spins, casts, drag works great. Yeah, I own a sienna 1000 which is spooled with 14lb which is probably a bit to heavy but it works, i could go lighter though but I use bait on it so I'd probably get a fair few bust offs. 

I do recommend either buying the 1000 sienna for finesse flathead fishing if you want a great fight, I've owned mine for 7 years and it still goes good 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

• 3 years later...

On this topic, I've actually been looking into changing the reel handle on my 2020 model legalis 2500. Does anyone know where or how to get ones that have this sort of handle that will fit my reel? I much prefer this type compared to that of the one on the stock reel. 

Useful Fishing Reel Handle 1pc Foldable Handle For Fishing Spinning Reel  Replace | eBay

The current handle is like this one and doesn't feel good in my hand. 

image.png.b94a753a38de89710f4e8b679dea52ba.png

21 minutes ago, TheCharliefisho said:

On this topic, I've actually been looking into changing the reel handle on my 2020 model legalis 2500. Does anyone know where or how to get ones that have this sort of handle that will fit my reel? I much prefer this type compared to that of the one on the stock reel. 

Useful Fishing Reel Handle 1pc Foldable Handle For Fishing Spinning Reel  Replace | eBay

The current handle is like this one and doesn't feel good in my hand. 

image.png.b94a753a38de89710f4e8b679dea52ba.png

That link doesn't work.

Are you looking to change the handle or the knob/grip on the end ?

On 02/02/2020 at 4:49 PM, Brodie_S said:

do you have a nasci and if you do . and whats its Longevity like . I’ve felt them in the tackle stores and they feel nice but how long does that nice feeling last for?. 

I've had a couple for a few years now as boat jigging and bait rods. 

They have trolled, they jigged a lot and with bait fishing have handled really big carp and big murry cod without any problems and feel just the same now as they did when I got them. 

I used them a bunch fishing lead fish for trout and they have never had a problem. 

Not bad reels for the coin. 

8 hours ago, ellicat said:

Yep, they come with gadgets to make them fit either Daiwa or Shimano reels.

Remind me when we plan to head out, or I'm likely to forget.

As long as it can be removed. 

Some knobs cannot be removed. (what's angry goonna make of that?) 

Check to see if there is a cap in the centre of the knob @TheCharliefisho. Remove the cap and see if there is a Phillips head screw holding the knob on the handle. Some are just permanently fixed and cannot be removed. 

Screenshot_20230406_051504.thumb.jpg.231bae213d34ce355efb34ea2f5f2df9.jpg

Reckon you'll have to chase a complete crank handle assembly, going by these diagrams. 

2 hours ago, Junky said:

As long as it can be removed. 

Some knobs cannot be removed. (what's angry goonna make of that?) 

Check to see if there is a cap in the centre of the knob @TheCharliefisho. Remove the cap and see if there is a Phillips head screw holding the knob on the handle. Some are just permanently fixed and cannot be removed. 

Screenshot_20230406_051504.thumb.jpg.231bae213d34ce355efb34ea2f5f2df9.jpg

Reckon you'll have to chase a complete crank handle assembly, going by these diagrams. 

I noticed this last night. Thanks for the little diagram! Yeah, it’s one of those annoying riveted knobs because it’s one of the “lower” class reels. It’s ridiculous to think that you can’t modify your reel just because it’s not a $1000 Stella or $500 daiwa revelry. I looked up some videos though, i can get around it by carefully drilling through the back end of the rivet and then popping out the handle. I’ll just give it a go and if it doesn’t work I’ll try get a new handle with a different knob. Thanks for the heads up, though.

You have to remember that budget reels are built to be as solid as they can be as cheaply as possible. 

They don't want to waste time with warranty work on an entry level reel. 

Most of their money comes from the mid tier reels so they focus mainly on them. The high end and especially flagship reels is where they test out innovation that will then get used on the mid tier stuff later on. 

It's all about putting their money where they can get the most back from it. 

38 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Thanks @Junky.  I found the same on my Capricorn...that's why I have a spare. I thought all the modern reels would be screwed. (pardon the pun)

@TheCharliefisho, bugger.

Yeah my capricorn is the same, obviously. 

My 4000s handle is toast. 

I've tried to set it in an epoxy mould (like a skirt lure head, sort of) but the epoxy was old (haven't had a glass boat for a while) and didn't set properly.

It felt solid, and worked great, but the epoxy slowly dropped off over a week. Like a slow moving blob so to speak. 

I will try again one day with some fresh stuff. If it works, then I'm think of setting stuff in it like a gear selector knob on a car. I'd love a redback on the end of my knob.... 😚