Does Anyone Know Of Any Cheap Hardbody Lures That Swim Straight With Good Hooks

Brodie_S

i only have a few hardbody lures since i sold all my cheap ones that don’t swim straight. The ones i do have are decent but fairly expensive 

a have 1 small atomic diver 1 berkley crankbait and a rapala crankbait . And a bassday sugapen and another berkley surface lure all these lures are good but fairly expensive ranging from $15-24 so im seeing if you guys know any cheap lures that swim straight and have decent hooks and slit rings. prices under $13 is good start i think for a budget lure

Yea I already got some soft plastics . Thats why im looking for more hardbodys i like use both in different situations its not like you can use only softplastics . For example there is a spot at my local river where its just flat and it slowly drops off but theres a lot of snags in that spot so if i used a soft plastic i would also get snagged . But if i used a suspending hardbody i would rarely get snagged but i would still be in the strike zone . And yea im not really a fan of vibes either. Thanks for the suggestion though 

The cheapies do seem to misbehave a bit on the retrieve. A small bream sized lure that I've had success with is the Stump Jumper Finesse - 45mm. They cost about $14 and swim really nice, I work them super slow and they get lot's of attention. They look pretty goofy but the bream don't seem to mind.The little 45mm Halcos Lazer Pros aren't too bad. It's a good idea to look in the bargain bins. A few years back I found a heap of Bassday bream cranks for $5 each and grabbed all of them !

Hi Breaming with bro

In my opinion, there is no substitute for quality hardbody lures. Like ellicat said, rigging your plastics weedless is a cheaper way to get down to the bottom. I'm simply saying that because from using hardbodies from Jarvis Walker compared to Rapala lures, one swims far nicer than the other.

The reason i believe they get tangled is because of bad split rings and trebles, so you might want to take them off if you are buying cheaper lures. Normally though, BCF/Anaconda has a tub on sale, it pays to have a look in them. That is how i would try to fix it, otherwise I would stay with the better quality ones.

Hope this helped,

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Are you aware you can tune lures to swim straight? 

A slight bend on the piece of steel that the split ring goes through will do wonders. Sorry, I don't know the correct term for the bit I'm talking about, I just know how to do it. 

Just because they're cheap doesn't mean they're crap. I've purchased big rapalas that I've had to tune cause they kept rolling out to the surface. 

As for hooks and split rings, spend the money on quality like owner trebbles and seahorse splitty's. 

49 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

That is some very good advice, Junky 🙂 Thanks for the tip.

Cheers Hamish

No worries Hamish. 

I'm sure you will work it out easily. 

It is only a very slight adjustments. You can barely tell you've moved it.

Also, you'll know if you adjust it the wrong way. The lure will be even more uncontrollable. 

Breaming with bro. 

I am refering to the flat steel ring that comes out of the lure with the split ring through it in the pic. Some lures have just a steel loop. Either way, they're all tunable, well 99% are. Some lures are just duds. 

Resized_20200205_180640.jpeg

1 hour ago, Breaming with bro said:

Oh thanks yea i knew that but have never been bothered because all of the lures that didn’t swim straight. had bad hooks so it be more expensive to buy hooks and upgrade them then just buy better lures

Sweet. Just checking.

At the end of the day, lures catch more men than fish.