Dud Shimano Sienna

Brodie_S

Shimano v shimano  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Shimano sienna vs shimano cazna

• Shimano cazna 2500
    • Shimano sienna fe 2500

I recently got the shimano sienna 2500 fe great smooth reel. After 1 fishing session i noticed the anti reverse system didn’t work anymore . So silly me thought why don’t i open the reel and check it out after doing that I couldn’t even find the problem anyway so then I realised about shimanos 10 year reel warranty i had . Read the conditions and it said something about once a reel is opened and put back together they won’t except it . So i was a bit sad about that . So i took the whole  entire  Reel apart and put it back together see if it will fix anything. 1 it didn’t fix the anti reverse and now the reel felt like a coffee grinder for same reason . So i tossed the almost brand new reel in the bin and kept the spool and reel handle . And I bought the shimano cazna 2500 to replace it . A bit disappointed but atleast the sienna i got was cheap . The cazna i picked was $47.50 on special so I quickly bought that as I’ve heard the really good value for money reels . And there also pretty smooth . So im looking forward to getting that and not worrying about the $50 i wasted on a dud sienna . Has anyone else had or heard about siennas doing this? Thought it was unusual as siennas are usually a go to reel for budget lure fishermen

Sounds very unlucky mate, I've had a 2500Fd and 4000FD Sienna now for about 10yrs and still going strong (the 4000 despite being dropped into saltwater ..... makes a slight noise but still very workable).

How do they tell if you've pulled it apart ....... (unless it hasn't gone back together properly and sounds like a coffee grinder of course .....).

Hi Breaming with Bro

Like kmcrosby78 said, that is very unlucky. I haven't owned one that size but the one i have owned has been going good for 7 years. If you go to the tackle shop/reel repairer, they might have some knowledge on what happened, otherwise another member on the forum might. Did you get any salt water in there, and if you didn't, it might just be a bit stiff because it's brand new or needs an oil/lube. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Yea na its too late to repair I’ve already chucked it . I’ve had a bad history with the sienna series of reels so I thought by buying a cazna it might end the bad luck .even though It was just a coincidence  . This first started when i got the new 2019/2020 sienna fg reel the one i got had a lot of play in it and it was smooth but not as smooth as the fe so I returned it and got the fe . Fe was great until this happened . And also the cazna is was cheaper then usual thats why I bought it. Edit and no saltwater got in there i pulled the whole reel apart and there was zero sign of any salt or wear and tear