Any Good Landbase Spots On Gold Coast Seaway ? Trying To Target Flathead And Kingfish And Is Live Yabbies And Servo Pillys Be Good Bait ?

Poacher..

There's only a need to post your question once. I have removed the other two threads. Remember this is a forum, not Facebook, and it can take a while for members to respond. 🙂

Yabbies are a great bait for flathead.

Pillies  are good for Kingies but I'm not too sure that the Seaway is a great spot to target them.

Hi Poacher..

With my limited fishing around the Gold Coast, there are some spots I have had some luck.

I've caught whiting at the spit, I reckon you could get bream and flatties there too. I used sand worm, but I suppose pillies a some small gang hooks with a light sinker/running sinker rig would work well. Prawns would also go to, and if you have a spot to pump yabbies, they should probably work well for everything.

The Sand Pumping Jetty is an option, and while I've never heard a report that hasn't said "this place is full of people taking undersized fish and is PACKED!", I've heard tailor, bream, kingfish, flathead, whiting and cod coming from it. It seems pillies or live bait are the go there. Though, a kingfish would be pretty rare.

The Seaway rock wall is a good spot too, check this video Team Madmullet Productions (madmullet) has done on Gold Coast fishing basic for some more tips. They get a range of species on bait, slugs and plastics. 

By the way

11 minutes ago, ellicat said:

There's only a need to post your question once. I have removed the other two threads. Remember this is a forum, not Facebook, and it can take a while for members to respond. 🙂

Yabbies are a great bait for flathead.

Pillies  are good for Kingies but I'm not too sure that the Seaway is a great spot to target them.

Thanks ellicat, I was wondering why it was spammed in the newest posts section 😉 

Hope this helped,

Cheers Hamish