One Of The Best Youtube Channels For Fishing

Brodie_S

I’ve literally spent over 2 hours binge watching a youtube channel called tackle advisors he has the best advice on tackle he is always non biased and is great with any fishing tackle . In fact after binge watching most of the stuff I  retired my alberto knot to his version of the alberto knot as his version is similar to the normal alberto knot but its a bit better . And i also fixed one of my dads reels which was not smooth the anti reverse was broken and also the roller bearing was a bit stiff . I got to work i gave the anti reverse  mechanism a wipe because it had oil on it somehow

i then opened  the guts of the reel . Removed all the old grease and guts and then with new grease. greased all the guts and put then back in . Also removed the grease on the ball bearings and added a bit of oil and put it back together and then put a drop of oil on the roller bearing . And gave it wipe with a rag with a bit windex on it to get rid of any oil or grease on the body of the reel and to also make it a bit shiner . After that the reel not only was fixed and working the reel was smoother then it was brand new which I don’t why . Maybe because the reel came with grease on the ball bearings instead of oil thats my guess .But anyway check him out  his YouTube name is tackle advisors 

Yea thanks i was going to upload the video of me catching those flathead and the 1 bream under an hour but I didn’t like how it turned out . So next time i go out fishing i will upload a video which unfortunately won’t be a while since my river system had a flood and is full as a docters wallet and is dirty as sewer water on the + side it opened up the river mouth which hasn’t been open  in a few years . So that should inprove the

the ecosystem .the river doesn’t have too much fishing  pressure as most people that fish where i live don’t catch much mostly the rarely go fishing or still need to learn a bit more 

G'day Breaming with bro

Alright, that's a pity. At least everything (that isn't vermin) will get a flush down to where you are 🙂 Good your river system doesn't have much fishing pressure, on the Brisbane, you get some people who will keep everything they catch 😕 That happens in most busy spots though.

Cheers Hamish

Yea the bad thing about that though is the water police are rarely on the water so a lot people use cast nets and get away with it 

But yea hopefully i can use that number one day . Usually the people that use cast nets are quick and sneaky usually only just to get bait then go back home and freeze it. Btw if your wondering cast nets are fully banned in nsw . I think Queensland is different though 

2 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

And yea big believer in keep what you need and if you can catch and  release . On prefer to catch and release i find it more relaxing 

2 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Yea the bad thing about that though is the water police are rarely on the water so a lot people use cast nets and get away with it 

But yea hopefully i can use that number one day . Usually the people that use cast nets are quick and sneaky usually only just to get bait then go back home and freeze it. Btw if your wondering cast nets are fully banned in nsw . I think Queensland is different though 

Hey Breaming with bro

That is very true, they do need more officers patrolling crowded/well renowned fishing destinations. The problem with them is they are in the wrong spot at the wrong time, and if they are, most of the time the people pull some crap such as "I don't understand," or "no English". Saying that, they still do fine a fair few people and educate the community about fishing 🙂  That's a pity that they throw nets in NSW, I know I can't and there are many other ways of catching bait (i.e. bait jigs, drag nets, scoop nets, etc).

Catch and release is what I do a lot of, the few times I will keep a fish is on a charter (annually with my Dad and I) and when I'm fishing with my uncle. My most 'famous' catch and release story was when I pulled up a 60cm odd flathead at Marcoola with my mate and his grandpa, didn't take a picture (no camera), didn't eat it (would've been delicious LOL) and watched it swim off - it's a great feeling.

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

That's a Qld number for Fishwatch.

Yep, no castnets in NSW

Hi ellicat

Yeah, I think the only other state you are allowed them in is NT - maximum size of 18 footer, whereas in QLD it's a maximun size of a 12 footer. Here's the Fishwatch for NSW, by the way, for anyones reference 🙂 

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/compliance/report-illegal-activity (well that one is a form to fill out, more for overfishing)

1300 550 474 (that is the phone number)

Cheers Hamish 🙂