Toorbul - Morning Fish

Towknee

28 minutes ago, ellicat said:

@Old Scaley will be jealous of the crabs and prawns after 'doughnutting' this week. Did you keep the prawns or use them for bait ?

Sounds like you got a good feed.

What size were the herring ?

Not entirely true @ellicat. We did get one prawn caught in a crab pot.🤣

Nice work @Towknee. Was the flathead a keeper?

I kept the mud crab & my old man kept a few bream & the sand crab for a feed. Let the rest go.

if I realised how many prawns were around, would of chased a feed. But only used them for bait & froze a few sandwich bags of them for future fishing trips. 

the flat head was a touch short of being a keeper. Didn’t matter though, my 5yo caught it and they are one of his favourite fish. It was his first one! Next step is to get him a keeper. 

55 minutes ago, ellicat said:

@Old Scaley will be jealous of the crabs and prawns after 'doughnutting' this week. Did you keep the prawns or use them for bait ?

Sounds like you got a good feed.

What size were the herring ?

The herring would of ranged 20 - 25cm their body was diamond shaped. I’ve never seen them before, they loved yabbies! 

1 hour ago, Towknee said:

I’ve never fished off the jetty (assume you mean Bribie). 
It’s a popular spot.

Plenty of land based spots. On the calm side you can head north of the bridge and usually get a feed of whiting. 

Hi Towknee

Maybe somewhere I could drive out to, is it very family friendly? (wondering whether my brother, sister and Mum could come too)

Cheers Hamish 🙂