NPD Spilling

rayke1938

Got a text from SEQ water at 7.15 this morning stating the water release from NPD has commenced . Dam was 67.4% yesterday morning 68.7% 4am and 68.8% currently. Hope that they are using the cone valve to release instead of opening the gates. Should not affect the bass as it is not spawning season so they should have no desire to migrate downstream

Cheers Ray

2 hours ago, christophagus said:

So where does this leave the memberships for the PRFMA? it has had the same notice on the website for a while now. we have had alot of rain so far in 2020 to he point where NPD now hasto release water...will we see new permits available for purchase?

image.thumb.png.b9283870eb8a0fc4b88f859e26796183.png

Give them a ring if you are desperate just be aware that you will be paying full amount for 4.5 months access.

Peter Hansler just posted this on facebook so looks like some fish will go over. The bass that survive will be ok and can even movem to different rivers and can assist the genetic pool. Yellas cannot tolerate the salt so will either die or become bullie fodder. Hope SEQ water will be on the ball and translocate the lungies back into the dam. Cheers Ray

Opera Snapshot_2020-03-10_124400_www.facebook.com.png

16 minutes ago, GregOug said:

So what is the permit for on NPD? Fishing, skiing, both?

Hi GregOug

Yes, thanks for asking that, I have been wondering for quite some time. 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Luc53 said:

PRFMA sell Boating Access Permit to their designated area of the dam.

Electric or pladle crafts only, combustion engines must be removed.

Proceed go to fingerling purchases to supplement the SIP money.

For more info go to http://prfma.com.au/  .

Plenty of info about our activities and how to articles.

Hi Luc53

Do these rules apply to Kurwongbah too? (had a look but couldn't find anything directly saying that)

Thanks for the link, also.

I have a couple questions too - 

In either of these lakes (Kurwongbah or NPD) can I use lead sinkers?

In Lake K, do we encounter the same species as NPD and do we require the same permits.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

If you go to https://www.seqwater.com.au/locations-and-guides you'll find guides and maps to the SeqWater dams and lakes.

Both lakes require that those 18 years and over need to have a stocked impoundment permit.

Both lake contain the same species.

All fishing comes under the Qld fisheries recreational fishing rules and regulations.

On 10/03/2020 at 3:56 PM, rayke1938 said:

Do not think so Dave Roberts was very surprised when first one was caught by Andrew. We had to keep them so he could autopsy and dna them to try and find where they came from.

Cheers

Ray

Not by him but one of the workers thinking they were doing the right thing, I used to know one of them and she ain’t too bright 

On 13/03/2020 at 9:30 AM, rayke1938 said:

They would be starting now if they were going to do it in daylight. Kurwongbah especially if no more rain. has dropped a lot so they may be able to do it and not disrupt traffic

Ray if you look at the correlation between when the PRFMA  used to be able to do the recovery below the wall returning what we all knew were stocked fish, after that seq water took it on and they put what ever they caught below the wall back in. Just simply uneducated staff, I remember asking her what fish she returned and all she could tell me was perch. So if they don’t know the difference between yellas and bass how the hell are they to know the difference between eel tailed and forkies ?