NPD 15/3/20

rayke1938

It started off ok with little breeze but did not take too long for it to get up.We found a school of sub 25cm bass in front of the fig tree but went searching for some bigger ones. Not one fish on the floats so we went in between the islands where the wind really got up with plenty of white caps so we retreated behind the island where we picked up one bass and about 7 forkys. We then went and tied up to the yellow float where Hai caught most of the fish whilst Steve and myself had to be content with the odd stray. As the wind had dropped off a bit we then went back to the front of the fig tree for some small bass with the odd legal one mixed in with them. Once again redclaw very scarce maybe they had all escaped as it has been a week since we checked the pots. Saw a largish eel floating on the surface on the way back.

Cheers Ray

IMG_2511.JPG

IMG_2512.JPG

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2516.JPG

Hi rayke1938

Nice session, those are some good yellas and bass. 🙂 

It was very windy today - when I was driving home from camping I saw whitecaps on the river.

Also, one question. When you catch your shrimp for bait, what would your best tip be? (thinking of going to Lake K as it is only 1 hours drive away).

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Any shrimp or other bait that you catch in Kurwongbah do not use in any other waters and practice strict hygiene protocol with your gear before using elsewhere as we do not want noxious weed cabomba translocated into NPD or other waters. Cheers Ray

Edited by rayke1938
karnt spel karnt fish