Prawning Life

tugger

3 hours ago, tugger said:

Had a few net fulls of herring a nice flathead and 1 small shark

Hi tugger

Alright, was the herring made into bait or released?

30 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Thanks for posting @tugger. It was an awesome day on the water and I learned a lot about prawning from you and @Drop Bear. I still need more practice casting but I was happy with the results (so was Mrs Scaley). I weighed the prawns as I cooked or froze them and I ended up with just over 5kg, which is a pretty healthy total in my opinion. It was good to see the friendly approach and comraderie among the boats in the scrum. Especially given how close together everyone is, there were no harsh words just healthy banter. 

Looking forward to doing it again sometime soon.

Hi Old Scaley

That is good there was no arguing, and that everyone is getting along. Nice job on the prawns as well 🙂 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

2 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Thanks for posting @tugger. It was an awesome day on the water and I learned a lot about prawning from you and @Drop Bear. I still need more practice casting but I was happy with the results (so was Mrs Scaley). I weighed the prawns as I cooked or froze them and I ended up with just over 5kg, which is a pretty healthy total in my opinion. It was good to see the friendly approach and comraderie among the boats in the scrum. Especially given how close together everyone is, there were no harsh words just healthy banter. 

Looking forward to doing it again sometime soon.

To easy Steve its just technique and practice the most put of boats was small compared to when it's real busy . When the prawns finally get eaten at home here we should give it another crack the season is young.

4 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

I weighed the prawns as I cooked or froze them and I ended up with just over 5kg,

Well hello my dear friend Steve, I have just for some reason remembered that I still haven't got around to returning that little packet of fishing hooks you leant me, let me know if you're around tomorrow, it would be absolutely no hassle for me to drop it off at your house ........... 😜

Well done fellas, great feed between the three of you. My recurring neck/shoulder problem has struck again this week - hoping it will continue to improve and I can sneak out for a fish on Sunday given the weather forecast. And then hopefully right to attack these prawns myself soon.

3 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Well hello my dear friend Steve, I have just for some reason remembered that I still haven't got around to returning that little packet of fishing hooks you leant me, let me know if you're around tomorrow, it would be absolutely no hassle for me to drop it off at your house ........... 😜

Well done fellas, great feed between the three of you. My recurring neck/shoulder problem has struck again this week - hoping it will continue to improve and I can sneak out for a fish on Sunday given the weather forecast. And then hopefully right to attack these prawns myself soon.

Hi kmcrosby78

Yes, hopefully you can get out for a fish this weekend. I am hoping to as well, it just depends on my dad as we may be taking the kayak out 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

28 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Go get in to them Kelvin throwing a net will test your shoulder though

29 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Haha @kmcrosby78. Already eaten half the haul, and keen to get more.  Maybe when they close the schools you will have some week days available.  I would be happy to do the casting and you do the driving.

1 minute ago, Old Scaley said:

Haha @kmcrosby78. Already eaten half the haul, and keen to get more.  Maybe when they close the schools you will have some week days available.  I would be happy to do the casting and you do the driving.

Hi Old Scaley

Yes, I hope the schools close early too. More fishing time on the weekdays 😜 

Cheers Hamish