25/11/07 Bribie Adventure

fishyman

woke up a 4am keen and ready for a goof day of fishing, arrived at bribie at 6am set up the yak and hit the waer. After readng e thread \"get compfrtable three sessions in one report\" myself and bait bringa decided to check it out.

A COMPLETE DISASTR!! we could no findthe so called drop off, we did fnd the wreck but no luck there which was sort of th same for the rest f he day. Procedd to fishing th bank lke amaters using a vait of SP's picked up a few smal flatties on the first drit and also managed to loose 40mtres of braid due to BLOODY WIND KNOTS. decidedto do anthoer drift over same area which produced ne more flatte

FISH COUNT SO FAR:

Bait Bringa (anthony) = 3

Fishyman (tom) = 0

proceded to muck around the shallows in the hope of picking up another good sized flathead after anthony got his 50cm one. there was plenty of activity around the place with school of bait jumping continously and the odd shovelnose swimmin gunder the yak.

Decided it was time to leave after about 5 hours on the water so the adventure of a paddle began. got back to the beach and started unloading the kayak, at this point i took the opportunity to flick a SP for pretty much something to do and have you know it landed 2 faltties within 5 minutes off the bank one legal one not.

FINAL FISH COUNT:

Bait Bringa (anthony) = 3

Fishyman (tom) = 2

If anyone would like to tell us what we did wrong becasue we had intended to fish the 'drop off' and wreck for things like squire cod etc etc but couldnt find it or was getting nothing. We would like to go again but would really enjoy is someone who has fished the area before could accompany us and show us the ropes if you like.

a very exepnsive day it turned out to be, i lost about 50 metres of my new FINS braid to wind knots and not being able to untangle them, and only caught 5 falthead which i spose is better than nothing.

so yeah if anyone is lookin to hit up bribie again soon in a yak give me a yell and i would love to come.

yer the hole trip want to bad except for the non catching fish part. next time it would be awsome to go out with a couple of guys that have fished there before. cause i really think that it has great potential.

this was my first time fishing with soft plastic seriosly so to catch 3 flatties and one o then a really nice keeper.

so i cant wait for the classic and hope to meet a couple of u guys there.

Archived