Calamari For Days

tugger

Hi tugger

Great job on the squid, and same with Drop bear. I haven't for a proper squidding trip ever LOL, so I think this might be my next thing to learn. It must be awesome having calamari for dinner, it's one of my favourite meals.

What types of jigs were you using (if you don't mind telling me)?

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi tugger

Great job on the squid, and same with Drop bear. I haven't for a proper squidding trip ever LOL, so I think this might be my next thing to learn. It must be awesome having calamari for dinner, it's one of my favourite meals.

What types of jigs were you using (if you don't mind telling me)?

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Thanks Hamish yeah we caught them on yo zuri jigs.

Nice work @tugger and @Drop Bear. Eastern Bay? I am going to drown the crab pots and have a fish tomorrow down the port or out from the reclaimed land. Being a good citizen I will be practicing social distance and having a solo trip. Might throw a jig out the back on the chance they are around the western Bay as well. 

18 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Nice work @tugger and @Drop Bear. Eastern Bay? I am going to drown the crab pots and have a fish tomorrow down the port or out from the reclaimed land. Being a good citizen I will be practicing social distance and having a solo trip. Might throw a jig out the back on the chance they are around the western Bay as well. 

Hi Old Scaley

Good luck, and good job on practising social distancing 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

3 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Thanks Steve yeah we got them in the eastern bay and kept our required 2m of separation in the boat  good luck tomorrow 

5 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

I’m heading out tomorrow too Old Scaley. Probably going from Pinkenba. What boat do you have? I’ll keep an eye out for you.

20 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

keen to take you there some time mate. It was a great day. I do need to get a bit more organised for the next trip with buckets etc. to deal with the ink better. Such a great day. Highly recommend this as a fun thing to do. Just look for weedy drop offs and have a flick. 

7 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi tugger

That sounds good, do they have any other uses (than going into reefies stomachs 😉)

Cheers Hamish

I prepped my half of the squid heads for eating. I love the tentacles the best. We had a great meal last night and will have many many more over the next few weeks. I know Tugger loves the hoods but I cant resist the wings and tentacles as well. 

These tiger squid are absolutely first rate eating. They taste and feel so much like abalone. 

20 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

You are probably back by now but good luck mate. I hope you got some. big chance of getting some squid too. 

2 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

I prepped my half of the squid heads for eating. I love the tentacles the best. We had a great meal last night and will have many many more over the next few weeks. I know Tugger loves the hoods but I cant resist the wings and tentacles as well. 

These tiger squid are absolutely first rate eating. They taste and feel so much like abalone. 

Hi Drop Bear

Alright, if i ever catch some I will eat the tentacles, wings and heads of them as well as some calamari rings. I have never had abalone or squid so either would be a first 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

2 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Drop Bear

Alright, if i ever catch some I will eat the tentacles, wings and heads of them as well as some calamari rings. I have never had abalone or squid so either would be a first 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

I don't eat the eyes and the guts but try and eat all the meat I can get off them.

18 hours ago, GregOug said:

I’m heading out tomorrow too Old Scaley. Probably going from Pinkenba. What boat do you have? I’ll keep an eye out for you.

Only saw this as I was heading out the door this morning @GregOug. I saw you on your way back to the ramp in that smooth rig you are driving. Gave you a wave and you returned it. I was near the tug station at the time. Lots of fish today but mostly bream with about 7 or 8 just under snaps.  No crabs though, which was a bit disappointing. Are you posting a report later?

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

Only saw this as I was heading out the door this morning @GregOug. I saw you on your way back to the ramp in that smooth rig you are driving. Gave you a wave and you returned it. I was near the tug station at the time. Lots of fish today but mostly bream with about 7 or 8 just under snaps.  No crabs though, which was a bit disappointing. Are you posting a report later?

Yes. We remember you waving. You obviously did much better than us. 

Weather: Not as good as was predicted. Half metre chop on half metre swell

Fishing: **** - one kamikaze flathead 45cm

Able to use the GPS/sounder to full effect: Nope

Boat went well: Yep

Waved to other boats while maintaining social distancing: Yep

Moon: none - it was bloody daytime!

cheers

Greg

On 26/03/2020 at 6:47 AM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi tugger

That sounds good, do they have any other uses (than going into reefies stomachs 😉)

Cheers Hamish

Yes Hamish the hoods have been perfect cut up as Calamari rings for our consumption and those squid heads will be going on a large circle hook up on the reef off 1770 the coral trout, red emperor etc will woof them down.