Vale NPD

rayke1938

Sorry to hear its closed mate. 

I don't suppose they will let you go get the traps or get permission to have everyone clean them up so they don't become death traps. Happy to help if you need it. 

Knowing the extent of your fishing bug, I'm sure you will get the boat out in a matter of minutes. Back to the whiting grounds I assume? 

3 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Sorry to hear its closed mate. 

I don't suppose they will let you go get the traps or get permission to have everyone clean them up so they don't become death traps. Happy to help if you need it. 

Knowing the extent of your fishing bug, I'm sure you will get the boat out in a matter of minutes. Back to the whiting grounds I assume? 

Yes, you would hope they'd let you clean them up, or at least get someone to bring them back to you. 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

3 hours ago, rayke1938 said:

I now have a little job to do at home which is to see if I can find my saltwater boat in the back of the garage.

IMG_2539.JPG

Ray, good news, I think I found it ............... if I'm not mistaken, there appears to be a boat in the back right picture above, behind all the eskies, buckets, cardboard boxes, axes, rope, floats, boat seats, fuel cans, tyres, shrimp pots, etc, etc ................................... 🙂 

As Robbie said, good excuse to chase some whiting (and squid ..... ) 🙂 

37 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Ray, good news, I think I found it ............... if I'm not mistaken, there appears to be a boat in the back right picture above, behind all the eskies, buckets, cardboard boxes, axes, rope, floats, boat seats, fuel cans, tyres, shrimp pots, etc, etc ................................... 🙂 

As Robbie said, good excuse to chase some whiting (and squid ..... ) 🙂 

Hi kmcrosby78

LOL, I just realised it was there. I hope I'm not going blind 😉 

Cheers Hamish

Wonder what the risk is with fishing the dams? Especially if you are solo fishing? I went for a session in the rust today and couldn’t help wondering if it would be my last for some months.  I guess the fish will be rubbing their fins together at the prospect of a break from anglers and maybe even pros. I do feel sorry for the pro fishermen who have a lot invested in their legal and sustainable businesses but are running out of markets.  Strange days indeed.

Hi Old Scaley

Yes, I am hoping to get out tomorrow/Saturday/Sunday so if we are restricted to something like travel in our suburb I have some bait. 

11 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

I do feel sorry for the pro fishermen who have a lot invested in their legal and sustainable businesses but are running out of markets.

Yes, the pro fisherman will be doing it bad. I have seen on the news that they are going bust (as the Chinese seafood market is closed) and that charters are losing clients (international especially).
Cheers Hamish 🙂 

8 hours ago, GregOug said:

I don’t think saltwater closures will be far behind. Sigh

Hey GregOug

Well, I hope someone making these laws is a fisho, because then they would realise it's necessary! 😉 Though, it is a pity and yes, it probably won't be far behind.

7 hours ago, Luc53 said:

I assume it's all part of the "stopping un-necessary travel" measures.🤔

Hi Luc53

Yes, so do I. Hopefully the pandemic dies down soon.

Cheers Hamish 🙂