2 Large And Fat 77 And 78cm Kings - Botany Bay

Botany Bay Fishing

11 hours ago, Botany Bay Fishing said:

hahaha yes im sure they would be 🙂 whats the fight like on those threadfins

Hey Botany Bay Fishing

Yes, the fight is great. I don't think they go anywhere as hard as kingies but they have quite a few speedy runs (from the ones I've caught). It's a matter of how heavy your tackle is though, I've caught one on thirty pound and it had 2-3 runs from memory (very good ones) and one on 12 pounds and it also fought very good - just some more runs. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Hi squeak6969

I am by all means no expert on them, I've only caught a couple. From what I've heard, threadfin aren't seasonal. The main factors are live baiting (they will take dead baits though), full moons and tides. I have caught them on the run out tide, and while it has not influenced me that much full moons are when you want to aim your session at. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

34 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi squeak6969

I am by all means no expert on them, I've only caught a couple. From what I've heard, threadfin aren't seasonal. The main factors are live baiting (they will take dead baits though), full moons and tides. I have caught them on the run out tide, and while it has not influenced me that much full moons are when you want to aim your session at. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

You mean like tonights super moon?......guess id better take a big rig to colmslie with me and my cast net. Cheers for the info

14 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice video mate - popular spot by the looks of it!!  Well done on the two kingies - what depth and what size gear out of interest (ie. line breaking strain)?

Yeah its one of the more busy spots in the Bay unfortuantely. The first day i was running 45lb line with 50lb leader, My dad was running 80lb with 100lb on the first day and on the second day i went upto to 55lb with an 80lb leader. The depth was 12-18metres i dont actually remember 😂 but it wasnt too deep or too shallow, there is like a hard kelpy reefy bottom there (that doesnt show up on the sounder) We have lost two anchors there 😩