Fishing Offshore Yeppon

Reidy

Hi to everyone im only new at fishing would like to know some information is their any good fishing spots from yeppon to stanishbay offshore also I'm taking my father on a fishing trip as well only for three days , sorry to ask I have only got bream on fishing trips and have wasted 2000 thousand dollars of fuel had heaps of fun burning fuel but honestly I haven't got a clue where to start fishing need some help on some locations to at least get some fish 

Hi Reidy

It just so happens that some of my family worked as commercial fisherman around there long ago. The only reef I can remember is Swains, which produces all your reefies. I have never been there and maybe you should check your green zones as well. I assume you already know this and I'm useless with marks, sorry. I believe there was a Ifish show on it, I don't have a clue what episode though... 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Be a good place their at the swains my boat is only 4.8 meters long high side 60hp marina last time i took it far out like that was at 1770 Fitzroy reef and holly the weather turned that bad waves was not to bad meaning waves 4 meters apart so and say 1.2 1.3 meters high and the wind blowing lol so I decided to do all the other gps marks around the place did not get anything so undecided to go to the pinacals drop anchor weather was good around 11 o'clock at night got a few sea perch and decided to pack up and go started to pull up anchor well it's stuck or a big Chunck of coral had to cut line then out of no where weather turned servere huge waves wind was extreme lol 1 1/2 hour later I was back to the boat ramp at 1770 what a experience,  worked on trawlers the sea harvest years ago  and tuna boats down port licon that is a different story , just trying to find a spot or a good place to fish in alote closer but no luck might sell the boat and fish on the rocks had more luck