AUS-BNE-FISHO

23 minutes ago, jon said:

Well done, That’s a great fish, to be proud of mate mate! I used to spend a lot of time chasing threadies from the bank as young fella. If there are plenty around don’t be shy to tail hook multiple prawns on the one hook. And if you find an old bait runner on gumtree these dual drag setups can really help

Hi jon

Yes, I am very proud. I have tried using prawns before and while I do like using them, I find that catties will take them way quicker. I have been thinking about a bait runner for a while now as well, I will keep my eye out. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Hi GregOug

Yes, perseverance does pay off. It was three years before  I got my first bully and now I've caught 7 of them. The salmon was such a surprise, and there isn't any other way to describe it like you did - a bloody good fish. LOL. 😉.  I will keep it up, hopefully it won't be a whole year before I get my next though. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

4 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Congrats Hamish, that's a great fish mate, well done!!  I'm 41 and haven't caught one yet ........ 😞 

Hi kmcrosby78

Thanks for that, I'm sure you'll get one soon. I think they are biting now, as squeak6969 got one recently too. Just keep trying, it took me a year and four days to get this one since my last. 🙂 

Cheers Hamish 

21 minutes ago, Jaz44 said:

Awesome work mate. That's a stonker threadfin. They are great eating as well apparently. We catch good size threadies fishing landbased spots in Cairns but that is the biggest I've seen landbased. What a trophy Fish!

Hi Jaz44

Thanks for that, I have heard they taste good but I've always released them. It is a trophy for me, that's for sure, as it is my new PB. Good job on getting them in Cairns too. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Hi tugger

Thanks for that, the fight was great! I am using an 80lb trace with a 30lb wind on leader so it offers shock absorbance. I also do it because its the heaviest leader I can fit on without hindering a cast. As well as this, the jetty I'm fishing off has so many snags anything lighter would make it to hard to stop a big one LOL. 

Cheers Hamish