Where Am I ?

ellicat

Thanks ellicat, here it is everyone - 

Sorry if it's a bit of a bad location, but here's a hint. It's not in Brisbane (about 600KM's away).

IMG_0350.thumb.JPG.252f8757881f0b33073ee5ce31d7ca5c.JPG

In case you're wondering as well, that is a short finned bat fish. These taste quite like bream and I think they're quite good on the table. If anyone ever catches one, you get a lot of meat of them to so I recommend them. As well as this,  they go hard as hell, they fight great. This one was released as it was the first we caught and didn't know what it was, but we took one home after to identify this fish and ate it, tasted good. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

P.S. I am about 2/3 years younger in this photo too.

1 minute ago, GregOug said:

Rosslyn Bay. I bought my last boat from there

Yep, that's it. Over to you GregOug! 🙂 

I just sit on my Uncle's boat normally, because we've found we get more in the harbour next to the pylons than near the outer rock walls (saying this, I've only been around there a couple times). 

Cheers Hamish

3 hours ago, GregOug said:

Actually are there places like that at the bottom of Moreton? Would love to visit them if so.

Just one place there that I know of. All I remember to get there is you turn right off the barge and head south and you will stumble across it. Benno took me there one time. Quite pretty with a lagoon (looks a bit ike your pic).

Edit: Just had a look on Google maps and it is probably Mirapool Lagoon.