Been A While

jon

Hi jon

Great job on the PB, that is a bloody massive jewie! It doubles my PB, LOL. 🙂 How good/long was the fight?

There are some nice snaps and moses as well as the pearlie and cod. Great feed of sandies too.

I dream to be able to catch that many fish one day in the bay, hopefully I'll have a job at 14 then I can buy a small tinny when I'm 16 and start trying to take it out on the bay (probably capsizing or sinking in the process😉).  

Cheers Hamish

Cheers mate, going off your reports you’ll be catching plenty of stonkas in no time. Especially once you have access to a boat. I like reading your reports because many moons ago I started off spending plenty years of brissy river bank fishing hunting sharks, threadfin and  bream-too!

Edited by jon

4 minutes ago, jon said:

Cheers mate, going off your reports you’ll be catching plenty of stonkas in no time

Hey jon

Thanks for that, I hope so! 🙂 We might be going to the Fisherman's Island area if my Dad has finished work by Saturday and Sunday, so now I'm feeling inclined to putting pots out to try my luck. I suppose it'd be pretty easy for someone to nick them though... (We are going to test out the sounder on the kayak). 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Yeah port can be real bad for pot tampering. The first green marker just out from the ramp is a good place to drop one for the odd sandy. A fair hike in a kayak but straight out and head right to the other side there is a few creeks and drains that will get muddies if pots are left a few metres back from the mouths. Beware if you see some pro pots in the water as I’m not sure if he still works this area but the dirty dog has a habbit of checking recko pots and slashing them rendering them useless. Good luck

Hi jon

Righto, thanks a lot for the tip. If I see pro pots I'll make sure to keep an eye on mine, but saying this he could probably out run us with an engine. I'll just get him on film if I see them tampering with mine, and then get him busted! (hopefully) 🙂 Thanks for the spots to, we'd be absolutely clueless otherwise.

Cheers Hamish

On 30/04/2020 at 6:49 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi jon

Righto, thanks a lot for the tip. If I see pro pots I'll make sure to keep an eye on mine, but saying this he could probably out run us with an engine. I'll just get him on film if I see them tampering with mine, and then get him busted! (hopefully) 🙂 Thanks for the spots to, we'd be absolutely clueless otherwise.

Cheers Hamish

No one should touch them if your around and in sight, it’s more so if you leave them unattended over night