NPD 5/5/20

rayke1938

Another good day at NPD with plenty of shrimp in the traps so we did not have to resort to having to use those pesky lures and their dreaded by catch of forkys.

Ended up with 58 bass and only 2 forkys.

Only 2 photos as the card in my camera was full.

Back to Hinze on Friday as we are allowed more than 2 people in the boat and we are also allowed to tag fish there.

Cheers Ray

IMG_2574.JPG

WP_20200505_09_00_38_Pro.jpg

Edited by rayke1938

11 hours ago, rayke1938 said:

Back to Hinze on Friday as we are allowed more than 2 people in the boat and we are also allowed to tag fish there.

Would you be able to put a link here for where you read that Ray as I think it would help others. I hadn't heard it and there's another thread where @GregOug was also unaware. Nice session BTW - good luck at Hinze on Friday 🙂 

Copy of part of email from PRFMA announcing reopening of dam

3.    Access is limited to Permit Holders with the maximum number of people allowed in a Tinnie is two 

The SEQ water site says members of same family plus 1 visitor. 

I am unable to comment further but draw your own conclusion.

On friday I will be going as a visitor with Rick and Joy to the hinze.

The inability to tag in NPD is due to longstanding dispute between Stefan Sawynok and PRFMA  that should have been resolved years ago. I used to tag over 1000 fish a year and this last year i only tagged less than 100. I am not renewing my suntag membership this year,

North pine dam is the only dam in QLD that has stocking data going back to 1991 and catch card data to 2001 and tagging data up to a few years ago. 

My personal opinion is that it is a tragedy that tagging is not continuing due to a petty argument that should have been resolved years ago.

Cheers Ray

Edited by rayke1938