Cheap Electric Winch - Anaconda

kmcrosby78

1 minute ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Not yet Brian, although supervising my own children learning at home today has taken its toll .......... 🙄

Hi kmcrosby78

I think the same thing has happened to my father, now when we try to ask him something (and he's doing work) instead of replying, he will say, "NO! Go away!!! Everything was peaceful before you came here Hamish!" 😉 LOL. 

Cheers Hamish

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

This is the type I use all the time, only problem is the wire rope, it bites you after awhile, I will be replacing it with the strong rope next time.

this is what i have been using for the last 8 years with no problems just reversed the rope when it started to look a bit frayed, The wireless remote is invaluable when retrieving by yourself in the wind.If you get te anaconda one get a dyneema rope straight away . You can also ge a wireless remote kit from ebay  cheers ray

Check if this part fits your vehicle

Mouse over image to zoom
  • 12V-4000lbs-4000lb-Electric-Winch-14m-Dyneema-Rope-Boat-4x4-4wd-Boat-3000-4500 thumbnail 1
  • 12V-4000lbs-4000lb-Electric-Winch-14m-Dyneema-Rope-Boat-4x4-4wd-Boat-3000-4500 thumbnail 2
  • 12V-4000lbs-4000lb-Electric-Winch-14m-Dyneema-Rope-Boat-4x4-4wd-Boat-3000-4500 thumbnail 3
  • 12V-4000lbs-4000lb-Electric-Winch-14m-Dyneema-Rope-Boat-4x4-4wd-Boat-3000-4500 thumbnail 4
  • 12V-4000lbs-4000lb-Electric-Winch-14m-Dyneema-Rope-Boat-4x4-4wd-Boat-3000-4500 thumbnail 5
  • 12V-4000lbs-4000lb-Electric-Winch-14m-Dyneema-Rope-Boat-4x4-4wd-Boat-3000-4500 thumbnail 6
  • 12V-4000lbs-4000lb-Electric-Winch-14m-Dyneema-Rope-Boat-4x4-4wd-Boat-3000-4500 thumbnail 7
  • 12V-4000lbs-4000lb-Electric-Winch-14m-Dyneema-Rope-Boat-4x4-4wd-Boat-3000-4500 thumbnail 8

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

Shop with confidence

eBay Premium Service
Trusted seller, fast delivery and easy returns. Learn more- opens in new window or tab

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Learn more- opens in new window or tab

Seller information

98.7% Positive feedback

12V 4000lbs 4000lb Electric Winch 14m Dyneema Rope Boat 4x4 4wd Boat 3000 4500

Huge 3.0hp Motor-14m Dyneema Rope- Dual Wireless Remote

Condition:
Brand New

Check if this part fits your vehicle

Contact the seller

BUY 1, GET 1 AT 5% OFF (add 2 to cart) See all eligible items 

Opens image gallery

Mouse over image to zoom

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

Bulk savings:
Buy 1
AU $149.95 each

Buy 2
AU $146.95 each

Buy 3
AU $145.45 each

Quantity:
 4 or more for AU $143.95 each

More than 10 available / 6 sold

Unit price:
AU $149.95 each

Add to cart

Free postage
60-day returns
Sent from Australia
iconRedeemCoupon20x20.gif Pay only AU $134.95 [ Show me how ]

Postage:
FREE Standard Postage | See details

Item location:
SYDNEY, Australia

Posts to:
Australia

Delivery:
Estimated between Tue. 12 May. and Fri. 15 May.
Use Express Postage to get it by 12 May.

Payments:
PayPal Visa MasterCard Amex Maestro

Returns:
60-day buyer pays return postage  See details

Free returns with eBay Plus  Try it for free

I used to have an electric winch on my 26ft trailer similar to this one: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-4000lbs-4000lb-Electric-Winch-10m-Dyneema-Rope-Boat-4x4-4wd-Boat-3000-4500/163669184959?hash=item261b7191bf:g:fkkAAOSwgApXA8KO:sc:AU_Regular!4511!AU!-1 ,

When I built the trailer I unfortunately made it too tall  (should have used drop down axles) anyway it required a fair bit of effort to haul up the boat using a manual winch (did it only once on the first launch before switching to the electric winch)  unless I submerged the trailer which I try not to do. These small winches usually use an aluminium spool and on mine the spools' flange cracked due to shock force when my boat slid down the trailer and there was some slack in the line,  the Dyneema stopped it  in it's tracks ( Dyneema doesn't stretch). Replaced it with a 13000lb one (steel spool) which was way overkill but bought it because it was cheap, as that size is in  more in demand due to the 4WD crowd wanting that size, so sellers volume price was 50% cheaper to get that particular size.

Anyway the 4500lb one worked well, hauling up the 26ft boat, used it for about 8 trips before it cracked the flange, they are a bit slow due to the huge reduction in gearing but required no physical effort on my part, downside is that you really need a spare large  battery to connect them to (via Anderson plugs) as they do suck out a lot of amps on full load, another downside against them is that should the battery or motor die  there is no way to retrieve the boat as it doesn't have a handle. That is where the  one from Anaconda I think is better in that you do have a handle to use should the need arise.

I was thinking about putting a 4500Lb winch on my 18.5ft boat but the hassle of connecting up the battery and getting it charged up after the trip is a bit of a pain so haven't done it yet. So far my 3 ratio manual one works fine so not inclined to swap over. I did however replace the wire cable on it to a 8mm dyneema cable as I don't like wire cable!

If however you are getting older or have back or shoulder issues then the Anaconda unit or a similar type would be worth considering. On a smaller but still heavy boat, a good 2 or 3 ratio manual winch will be much better  suited and quicker unless you have some sort of physical issues.

19 hours ago, fishingnut said:

@rayke1938 how long does it take to pull your boat up into the trailer ?

It is faster and quieter than Dinos. For a really fast retrieve you need one using a 15 to one winch and a holden starter and flex plate but they do not have a power out.

Dinos and the anaconda one does have the advantage of being able to use as a manual winch if the motor fails. I just mount a manual winch on the post below the leccy winch,

Cheers Ray

11 minutes ago, fishingnut said:

Thank you.  Il just keep mine as a spare then just incase, How long have you had yours for ? what size cable and anderson plugs did you use to power it from the battery ?

50 amp anderson plug .had winch for 8 odd years used twice a week only issue has been have reversed the rope on the winch and replaced anderson plug after dragging it on ground from home to npd. Cable from battery no idea it was some twin core stuff that i paralled up. The earth side I just ran short length from anderson plug to chassis. When we use Ricks patrol his anderson plug is fed with 6mm twin core with both the positive and negative fed all the way from the battery on each leg of the twin core and the winch slows down on a steep ramp on the final pull where you have the heaviest  load on the winch due to the reduced gearing with the winch drum full and due to pulling the full weight of the boat. Do not think that you would have any problems as your boat would weigh at least half of mine, cheers ray