New Member Introduction

Davo00

Hi all.  Looking forward to having a chat on here, getting some advice and also sharing some of my knowledge  and experiences.  My wife (Wendy) and I are young(ish) Grey Nomads and have been travelling Oz for the past 3 years.  Sadly, at the moment we've run aground in Canberra and  are waiting eagerly for the go ahead to get on the move again.  We travel with a 21' caravan and a dual cab ute with a Seajay Nomad 3.7HS on the roof.  We're both keen fishers and generally plan our travels around where we can get out for a fish.  Our favourite spots to date have been Tuross Lake (NSW), Mallacoota (Vic), Venus and Streaky Bays (SA) Bunbury, Forty Mile Beach, Cleaverville and Cape Leveque (WA), Alva beach and Agnes Water (Qld) and finally,  Dunnally Bay and Mayfield Bay (Tas).
Cheers
Davo

Welcome aboard, Davo.

Look forward to reports of your adventures (fishing or otherwise) when you get the green light to move again.

Wouldn't mind some stories and pictures from your travels to date. One of our members ( @tugger ) is looking to do the big lap soon, so would no doubt appreciate your contributions to the site as well.

10 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Welcome aboard, Davo.

Look forward to reports of your adventures (fishing or otherwise) when you get the green light to move again.

Wouldn't mind some stories and pictures from your travels to date. One of our members ( @tugger ) is looking to do the big lap soon, so would no doubt appreciate your contributions to the site as well.

Cheers mate.  I've got the odd photo and have written up a couple of reports for a FB group I'm in (Travelling Oz with a Tinnie).  Ill post something up shortly.

Welcome to the site mate, like the others I'm keen to hear of your past and future ventures. Where is/was home before you set off on your big trip? Also, what size motor have you got on your 3.7HS and how does it go - I'm looking at either just getting the 3.7 or possibly the 3.7HS to go to Cape York, hopefully next year.

On 07/05/2020 at 9:39 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Welcome to the site mate, like the others I'm keen to hear of your past and future ventures. Where is/was home before you set off on your big trip? Also, what size motor have you got on your 3.7HS and how does it go - I'm looking at either just getting the 3.7 or possibly the 3.7HS to go to Cape York, hopefully next year.

Home/work was in Canberra but since retirement in 2017, the house is rented out and we're on the lookout for somewhere on the coast to settle when we're finished travelling.  We've got a 15hp Yammy 2 stroke on the tinnie.   It goes well with just the 2 onboard.  Can plane  with 3 adults but won't do it with 4 adults.  Not a problem because its usually just the 2 of us, or occasionally a third.  The 3.7HS is a great boat and well regarded among the tinnie travelling set.   IMO the additional 75mm all round and the higher transom gives that little bit more  security when in croc waters.  You'll love Cape  York (next year).  We did  it in 2018, albeit without a boat at the time.  We did do a charter out of Weipa and had a ball.