Getting Back Into It

a-frame81

2 hours ago, a-frame81 said:

I would but I'll be up in the mountains 4WDing this weekend. Got to get my snow driving fix 🙂

Oh wow jelly. Sounds awesome. i have never driven in snow, just on some dodgy roads with chains. Have a great time. 

The comp runs for nearly a month so sing out if you want to join in. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's 3.9m long, I believe it's a Seak brand, similar to https://www.anacondastores.com/water/kayaks/seak-mako-kayak-39-m-blue-camouflage/BP90126776

Came with a paddle and seat as well, so a very good deal. It's missing the scupper plugs as they guy couldn't find them, but I figure they're not too expensive to replace but I'll see how wet I get without them first. I was glad to find a slightly longer kayak, as I will use it on some bays when I go down the coast and our lakes can get pretty choppy when the wind comes. We'll see how my back holds out lifting it on and off the roof.

Thanks Drop Bear. I'm hoping the nice weather holds out down here for the weekend so I can have a go without freezing.

I managed to off the roof part with no worries, resting the bow on the back of the car with an old windscreen shade under it to protect the paintwork. Only really lifting 15kg or so at a time that way. Should be all good.

Hope I can catch a heap more now I can get out around the reeds and weed that seems to line every lake down south.

• 7 months later...