Nrl 2020

ellicat

Round 7 results

Thursday June 25

Panthers 20  v  12 Rabbitohs

The Bunnies shot themselves with a mistake riddled first half and could not work themselves into this game. PorkChops, Robert`s and Mitchell`s sin bin professional fowls, were not pivotal to the final score line

Friday June 26

Storm 50  v  6 Warriors
hmmm, bad night at the office for the Warriors, but… are they looking good for round 8
Storm? Supercell more likely…

Roosters 26  v 12 Dragons
Dragons were ****-a-doddle-dooed….

Saturday June 27

Cowboys 32  v  20 Knights
The Cowboys ok corralled the Knightd
Broncos 12  v  30 Titans

WOW… the Broncos scored in the 2nd half
Eels 25  v  24 Raiders

Sunday June 28

Sea Eagles 22  v  40 Sharks

Shark attack!

Bulldogs 6  v  34 Tigers

Oh dear… who keeps letting the Dog`s out

ROUND 8 
The NRl has given the go ahead for games to now be played at most of the clubs home grounds.
The Raiders, Titans and Manly are now able to play their home games at their home grounds starting this round.
may be an advantage for the Raiders and Manly... not sure about the Titans though 😄

Thursday, 2 July

Storm v Roosters at Suncorp Stadium – 7.50pm

Friday, 3 July

Raiders v Dragons at GIO Stadium – 6pm

Eels v Cowboys at Bankwest Stadium – 7.55pm

Saturday, 4 July

Titans v Sharks at Cbus Super Stadium – 3pm

Warriors v Broncos at Central Coast Stadium – 5.30pm

Tigers v Panthers at Bankwest Stadium – 7.35pm

Sunday, 5 July

Sea Eagles v Knights at Lottoland – 4.05pm

Bulldogs v Rabbitohs at Bankwest Stadium – 6.30pm

11 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Luckily my brain realised/remembered I'll be away camping next weekend with no mobile phone reception so I'll get my tips in tonight before I forget 🙂 

Lucky you, kmcrosby78 - I don't think I'll be leaving home this holidays but the fishing charter in the last week will count for it! 🙂 

Gad, thanks for the summary again - I saw most of the Sea Eagles and Knights game, it was pretty black and white until the end parts....

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

14 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Goomburra - leave tomorrow 🙂. Going to be very cold, but nothing a few brews around the fire won't fix ..... 🤪

Brr, like GregOug said, the name just sounds cold!!! 

Moogerah dam is a bit over an hour away according to maps so I'll be curious to see if you fish somewhere kmcrosby78. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Round 9

Thursday July 9

Cowboys v Roosters, Qld Country Bank Stadium, 7.50pm

Friday July 10

Titans v Warriors, Suncorp Stadium, 6pm

Rabbitohs v Tigers, Bankwest Stadium, 7.55pm

Saturday July 11

Sharks v Panthers, Bankwest Stadium, 3pm

Raiders v Storm, Campbelltown Stadium, 5.30pm

Broncos v Bulldogs, Suncorp Stadium, 7.35pm

Sunday July 12

Knights v Eels, Central Coast Stadium, 4.05pm

Dragons v Sea Eagles, Campbelltown Stadium, 6.30pm

On 08/07/2020 at 1:11 PM, ellicat said:

That's what I thought last week and the week before...

yep, Broncs have more problem areas than a one legged man in a bum kicking contest 😐 Tipping for last round I got to the point where I had to accept that if this was horse racing the stewards would insist on them being put out to pasture for a winter spell

EDIT: added racing to the horse

I wish I was in a parallel universe this morning.

1. Headed out to the Cape where I spent the morning vomiting and making moose noises while my decky had all the fun.

2. Personally had one hit on a plastic before retiring hurt.

3. Had a sleep when I got home and didn't discover Staggs was out of the real team but still in my Supercoach team.

4. Wanted to see what would happen if the Broncos lost again (even though I tipped them again).

Well, ellicat, and Hweebe, I also wish I was in a parallel universe this morning - 

1) Woke up at 3:30AM, then had to go back to bed for the charter (an hour to early)

2) Got to the charter... And it took ages to catch bait

3) Got to spot number 1, and I miss a good hit. Supposedly from a jewie. 

4) Had to leave the jew spot, because despite having a kwell AND a ginger tablet, I felt queasy. 

5) No more jewie hits the rest of the day, and apart from one 26cm bream, we got nothing legal

(I plan on just going to the local park next time 😉 Just kidding). 

Cheers hamish 🙂 

1 minute ago, ellicat said:

That's a shame, mate. Thought you might clean up on your charter.

Yeah, it was ellicat. So did I. 

We might give the guy another go, seeing as though we have had two good sessions with him, but if we strike out again, then we might need to find another alternative... I suppose that's just fishing. 

The report is coming, even though we didn't catch much. 

Cheers Hamish 

Round 9 results

Thursday July 9

Cowboys 16  v  42 Roosters

Score line flatters the Cowboys, but they did run in two late tries.

Friday July 10

Titans 16  v  12 Warriors
Good defence in the first 40 minutes by the Titans prevented a charging Warriors side from putting on a large score, that defensive effort allowed the Titans to hang in and score the winning try in the last 5 minutes.

Rabbitohs 18  v  12 Tigers

This game wasn`t ‘on the edge of the seat’ viewing with the Bunnies dominating the first 50 minutes of the game. The Tigers did get into the game when Benji Marshall came on with roughly 20 minutes to full time.

Saturday July 11

Sharks 24  v  56 Panthers

Half time score 26 – 12… all up 14 tries scored in 80 minutes… Panthers got 10 of them

Broncos 26  v  8 Bulldogs

BREAKING NEWS:

The Broncos beat the bottom of ladder Doggies! Still,  a win`s  a win

Is this the light at the end of a tunnel… or a wind affected flickering candle

Raiders 14  v 20  Storm
Hard fought and the Storm as per usual maintained the pressure in the game to keep the direction mostly under their control, the Raiders did have unseized moments that may have given them the results.
The Raiders came out of last night`s game losing Josh Hodgson to a long term injury (late news, he will need a knee reconstruction surgery.. 9 months recovery time), with a number of middle forwards out injured, Hodgson`s absence will be their biggest toll on their final`s charge.

Knights 4  v  10 Eels
The Eels had a fight on their hands and the Knights can take many positives out of this game

Dragons 34  v  4 Sea Eagles

Score line says it all….

On 07/07/2020 at 11:45 AM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Brr, like GregOug said, the name just sounds cold!!! 

Moogerah dam is a bit over an hour away according to maps so I'll be curious to see if you fish somewhere kmcrosby78. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

No fishing Hamish, just relaxing (well, when not breaking up arguments amongst the kids .... 🙃), eating, some hiking/bush walks and a few afternoon/evening brews around the campfire. VERY cold on the Tuesday night and Wednesday morning but with the clouds came a rise in temperature after that. Great trip and nice and quiet due to Covid 🙂.

Round 10

Thursday July 16

Roosters v Raiders, SCG  7.50pm

Friday July 17

Storm v Titans, TBC  6pm

Tigers v Broncos, Leichhardt Oval  7.55pm

Saturday July 18

Dragons v Bulldogs, WIN Stadium  3pm

Rabbitohs v Knights, Bankwest  Stadium 5.30pm

Sea Eagles v Eels, Lottoland 7.35pm

Sunday July 19

Panthers v Cowboys, Panthers Stadium   4.05pm

Warriors v Sharks, Central Coast Stadium  6.30pm

10 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Not sure how he sustained such an injury though. 

That will teach him to be the only player in the team willing to make physical contact with an opposition player ......... 🤪 Joking of course - Hass and Flegler tried as they always do, and I'm sure there were a couple of others, but my goodness, what a rubbish performance. And to rub salt in the wound, I purchased tickets (luckily only paid $15 total for two matches) to see them play the Storm next weekend ........ might need to buy a storm jersey ......... 😞 

On the plus side though, having originally tipped the Broncos, by Friday arvo my brain kicked in and overruled my heart ..... 🙂 

As along time Broncos fan, that performance was just sad. Maybe the whole team should go back to the Q cup for the rest of the season, although I am not sure they would be competitive in that field either. They just don’t have the intensity, line speed or commitment the other teams (even the Bulldogs) have, and just look slow and tired. Saddest part of the whole night was the Seibold press conference - poor guy had nothing he could say except they have 15 of 36 players out injured. I get that, but it doesn’t mean the other 21 can’t give it a red hot crack. I don’t even get disappointed when they lose now because I expect it.

2020, what a sh#t year. 

8 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

As along time Broncos fan, that performance was just sad. Maybe the whole team should go back to the Q cup for the rest of the season, although I am not sure they would be competitive in that field either. They just don’t have the intensity, line speed or commitment the other teams (even the Bulldogs) have, and just look slow and tired. Saddest part of the whole night was the Seibold press conference - poor guy had nothing he could say except they have 15 of 36 players out injured. I get that, but it doesn’t mean the other 21 can’t give it a red hot crack. I don’t even get disappointed when they lose now because I expect it.

2020, what a sh#t year. 

I couldn’t even bring myself to watch most of it! Such a disappointing season.

Round 10 results

Thursday July 16

Roosters 20  v  24 Raiders
Plucked chooks… Hard fought game… Well done Raiders

Friday July 17

Storm 42  v  6 Titans

Score line tells the story.

Tigers 48  v  0 Broncos

The Tigers snarled and roared… and kept running through the Broncos to score

Saturday July 18

Dragons 28  v  22 Bulldogs

In the final quarter the Doggies blew a 22-10 lead with the Dragons running in 3 tries to get the victory….
Rabbitohs 18  v  20 Knights
Score line doesn`t tell the full story… a mistake riddled first 65 minutes by the Bunnies had the Knights looking extra good for that period of the match. Bunnies put on 3 tries in the last 15 minutes to put some interest back into the game for those watching.

Sea Eagles 22  v  18 Eels
A flying start to the first half by Manly over a self-destructing Eels outfit sealed the win over a late 2nd half come back from the Eels charge

Sunday July 19

Panthers 22  v  10 Cowboys

Score line doesn`t tell the game…
Rugged and untidy game for most of the 80 minutes, the Cowboys turned up with intent and this did not allow the Panthers to feel in control of the game.
Panthers 16 – 10 with 15 minutes to go the game was still there for the Cowboys to win…. Panthers scored a converted try on full time…. Game set and match

Warriors 10  v  46 Sharks
Hmmm… at least the Warriors got on the board!!

Round 11

Thursday July 23

Eels v Tigers, BankWest Stadium 7.50pm

Friday July 24

Cowboys v Sea Eagles, QCB Stadium 6pm

Broncos v Storm, Suncorp Stadium 7.55pm

Saturday July 25

Warriors v Roosters, Central Coast Stadium 3pm

Sharks v Dragons, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium 5.30pm

Raiders v Rabbitohs, GIO Stadium 7.35pm

Sunday July 26

Knights v Bulldogs, McDonald Jones Stadium 2pm