Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles, ANZ Std  7.35pm

Sunday August 23

Bulldogs v Warriors, ANZ Std  2pm

Knights v Cowboys, McDonald Std  4.05pm

Round 15 results

Thursday August 20

Eels 14  v  0 Storm

The Eels got the 2 points.
I think the final score line 14–0  says the Storm came out of this match with far more positves (with 11 of  their first pick players, and many of their back up players out injured) than what was shown by the ability of the Eels to beat  a virtual 3rd tier Storm side ……

Friday August 21

Panthers 38  v  12 Sharks
in round 9, the black cats beat the Sharks 56 – 24… if the Sharks stay in the top 8 they can start planning Mad Monday for the 2nd week of the Finals.

Broncos 24  v  28 Dragons
Well as “Gus the Goose’ often says… “rugby league can be a funny game”
Broncos showed many positives across the paddock and that showed in the final score line…. Then again, the Dragons sit 11th on the ladder

Saturday August 22

Titans 16  v  36 Raiders
nothing surprising with this result

Tigers 16  v  38 Roosters

It`s understandable being a frustrated Bronco fan but,

Rabbitohs 56  v  16 Sea Eagles

Manly should be thankful that the Bunnies dozed off for the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half…. it could have been a deep blood bath

Sunday August 23

Bulldogs 14  v  20 Warriors
This was a game the Doggies should have wrapped up in the 2nd half…

Knights 12  v  0 Cowboys
I tipped the Knights and expected a close contest, thinking the Cowboys would show up with some thing to prove… what an unexciting, and at times messy, and uncoordinated showing by both sides.

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

One heart over head tip this week cost me 3 points.

I am proud of your loyalty Brian ......... 🙂 Thankfully for me, the way the Broncos have been going has made it easy to no tip them, although apart from taking 7 1/2 minutes to get their hands on the ball (and letting the other team score 12 points before doing so ..) they performed better this week, which may have seen me tempted to get on board for the upcoming round, if they weren't playing the Roosters ....... (or the Panthers the following week ...... 😬).

31 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Looks like Seibold is going to get the sack or resign. 

I get the feeling he's not very popular with fans (and me too!) Hopefully if they get Kevin Walters for the coach he is a bit better! 

Cheers Hamish

Kevin would be a good option. Imagine if they could get the king!

33 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Kevin would be a good option. Imagine if they could get the king!

I love the Titans coach Justin Holbrook's statement regarding the possibility of Cameron Smith joining his club (sounds like he could also end up at the Broncos .... 🙂) - 'if he did come I could probably take a couple of days off training a week cause Smithy could run the show' 🙂 

Bloody Storm cost me a perfect round! IT's time for Sielbold to go. It's turning out like Farah and Taylor stand off. Like Kevin for the job however concern is the culture of the club is the problem not the Coach. Heard some things about off field shenanigans and also seen some damning video evidence on a guys phone at the pub who knows a guy who knows a guy. Anyways was all legit. There is more problems at the club than they are letting the public know..... 

On 24/08/2020 at 6:45 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Looks like Seibold is going to get the sack or resign. 

I get the feeling he's not very popular with fans (and me too!) Hopefully if they get Kevin Walters for the coach he is a bit better! 

Cheers Hamish

AND... He's gone! I'm curious to see who'll be next.

Cheers Hamish

Will be interesting to see what they do. Kevvie interviewed for the job and they gave it to Seibold. He's an ex-Bronco so obviously knows the club and the club legends and is the origin coach, plus has been part of the very successful breeding ground that is the Storm system.

On the other hand, you have Paul Green who has won a premiership as a coach and has NRL head coach experience. Not sure if there is anyone else out there that hasn't been tossed up? I'm not sure how much money Bellyache is on at the Storm. Without knowing the ins and outs of the money/finances situation at the Broncos, you'd have to think it would be a wise investment to offer him the world to come to the Broncos, fix things, recruit more quality players because he is there, etc, etc. Surely you'd get your money back?

1 minute ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Will be interesting to see what they do. Kevvie interviewed for the job and they gave it to Seibold. He's an ex-Bronco so obviously knows the club and the club legends and is the origin coach, plus has been part of the very successful breeding ground that is the Storm system.

On the other hand, you have Paul Green who has won a premiership as a coach and has NRL head coach experience. Not sure if there is anyone else out there that hasn't been tossed up? I'm not sure how much money Bellyache is on at the Storm. Without knowing the ins and outs of the money/finances situation at the Broncos, you'd have to think it would be a wise investment to offer him the world to come to the Broncos, fix things, recruit more quality players because he is there, etc, etc. Surely you'd get your money back?

I know I’m getting old and senile but hasn’t Kevvie been the origin coach lately. It’s not as if he hasn’t got coaching experience. And he lightens the room up with his cheerfulness and wit as soon as he enters a room. Something the poor old broncs are badly in need of.

Just now, GregOug said:

I know I’m getting old and senile but hasn’t Kevvie been the origin coach lately. It’s not as if he hasn’t got coaching experience. And he lightens the room up with his cheerfulness and wit as soon as he enters a room. Something the poor old broncs are badly in need of.

And just re-read your last post and saw that you had actually mentioned he was the origin coach. As I suspected senility has set in. There is no hope for me.

There's a big difference between getting the games best talent together, training for a week and playing Origin, and having to continually motivate a team, concoct weekly game plans against different opponents, drop players based on form or attitude (and motivate them to fight their way back into the team), plus ensure the club develops juniors at the club and a roster that will continue to be competitive. All of which Kevvie is probably quite capable off, it's just that he hasn't done it yet. Oh, and we haven't exactly dominated Origin since he's become coach ...... 😞 

1 minute ago, kmcrosby78 said:

There's a big difference between getting the games best talent together, training for a week and playing Origin, and having to continually motivate a team, concoct weekly game plans against different opponents, drop players based on form or attitude (and motivate them to fight their way back into the team), plus ensure the club develops juniors at the club and a roster that will continue to be competitive. All of which Kevvie is probably quite capable off, it's just that he hasn't done it yet. Oh, and we haven't exactly dominated Origin since he's become coach ...... 😞 

Yeah. But we also haven’t lost as many legends from our team in the space of a couple of years before.

4 minutes ago, GregOug said:

The question is do we have new legends in the making coming through. Looking at the quality of the Qld NRL teams at the moment I fear we haven’t.

There's a pretty darn good hooker who is looking very good and may even get a crack this year. Combined with Ponga, Munster and Cherry Evans it creates a salivating spine (having said that, the Blues spine is equally tantalising - as long as Keary stays fit/healthy). Hopefully Tom Dearden continues to blossom under whoever the new coach is - he won't be ready for at least a couple of years but I've like what I've seen so far.   Bed time for me - big day 🙂 

Round 16

Thursday August 27

Eels v Rabbitohs, Bankwest Std  7.50pm

Friday August 28

Dragons v Titans, Jubilee Std  6pm

Roosters v Broncos, SCG  7.55pm

Saturday August 29

Warriors v Knights, Scully Park Tamworth  3pm

Sharks v Cowboys, Jubilee Std  5.30pm

Panthers v Tigers, Panther Std  7.35pm

Sunday August 30

Storm v Sea Eagles, Sunshine Coast Std  4.05pm

Raiders v Bulldogs, GIO Std  6.30pm

2 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

AND... He's gone!... 

Cheers Hamish

and, lead by the person signing off on the huge multi year contracts for duds, the chairman and 2 thirds (at least] of the board that head-hunted him should fall on their swords too... a coach by himself does not rotate a whole club/culture system, playing roster, top to bottom by himself...  

3 minutes ago, Gad said:

and, lead by the person signing off on the huge multi year contracts for duds, the chairman and 2 thirds (at least] of the board that head-hunted him should fall on their swords too... a coach by himself does not rotate a whole club/culture system, playing roster, top to bottom by himself...  

Hear hear!

45 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

.....Kevvie is probably quite capable off, it's just that he hasn't done it yet. Oh, and we haven't exactly dominated Origin since he's become coach ...... 😞 

one has to be realistic and admit Walters has never had the talent pool available to him, that came through the Meninga era... even in NSW`s glory days they didn`t have that sort of continuous on hand talent pool .... 

4 hours ago, ellicat said:

Re Walters as coach.

If I was a Broncos fan I'd be worried about what happens beyond the players getting a warm and fuzzy 'hug period' from Kevvie. Paul Green seems the better option to me as he has proven himself over quite a few years as a first grade coach. Will the Broncos be prepared to take a risk on an unproven option considering what they've just gone through ?

Mind you, if they do go for Walters, I hope he does well.

You could be right @ellicat. All I know is they had to do something.

7 hours ago, ellicat said:

Re Walters as coach.

If I was a Broncos fan I'd be worried about what happens beyond the players getting a warm and fuzzy 'hug period' from Kevvie. Paul Green seems the better option to me as he has proven himself over quite a few years as a first grade coach. Will the Broncos be prepared to take a risk on an unproven option considering what they've just gone through ?

Mind you, if they do go for Walters, I hope he does well.

That's what I'm wondering Brian. Undoubtedly I think Kevvie would get the joint happy/united at first, and could well go on to become a great coach at the club for many years. Alternatively, if he is unable to properly sort the joint out and also maintain control of the playing group, those above him may well be left again justifying why a marquee club signed a coach with little/no NRL coaching experience. Interesting times.

If Kevvie does come in I would like to see him take a hard line against any players who think they are bigger than the club. Example, Pangai Jnr. Despite his talent, I'd happily see him gone from the club if he continues to be so inconsistent.

Round 16 results

Thursday August 27

Eels 00  v  38 Rabbitohs

BBQued Eels, hey!!!… the ‘horses’ would be feeling for ya… NOT!!!
Friday August 28

Dragons 10  v  14 Titans

The Titans hung in for the majority of this game to enable them to take St. George`s lance off  him, and put it up the Dragon`s Kyber Pass, in the dying minutes of the game…

Roosters 58  v  12 Broncos

Last meeting, round 4; Roosters 59 v 0 Broncos…

Broncos held the Roosters to just 58 points, and also put 12 points on them this time….

Viewing that score line (with one eye closed) it could be viewed as a positive 13 points for the Broncos 🤣

Saturday August 29

Warriors 36  v  6 Knights

The Warriors commitment to an 80 minute game plan, didn`t allow the Knights into the game what-so-ever, and turned the Knights into a shell shocked, bumbling outfit  ……
IF the Knights are able to remain in the 8, they can plan their Mad Monday for the 2nd Monday of the finals!

Sharks 28  v  12 Cowboys
it would be extremely optimistic for Shark fans to be looking further than finals week 1

Panthers 30  v  6 Tigers

The fight of the cats at Black Cat Stadium… the ball wasn`t the only hotly contested part of the 80 minutes… the black ones won!

Sunday August 30

Storm 30  v  6 Sea Eagles
Storm in cruise control…Good to see a 2nd Qld based team get the choccies this round..

Raiders 34  v  20 Bulldogs
hmmm. One way traffic in the 2nd 40 minutes