Nrl 2020

ellicat

14 hours ago, Gad said:

Is it a NSW club culture philosophy being applied to a Qld based situation ?????

Hi Gad

While I don't fully support them I still hope not.

4 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Well if they cancel the whole season you will be hard to beat 🤣

Good job on winning so far kmcrosby78, LOL.

Hopefully the season does resume. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

don`t get caught out.... it`s that time of season when our time zones go back to normal on the east coast,........ AEDST finishes this Sunday morning.
To celebrate these 2020 time zone re-adjustments Annatacia  Palaszczuk has closed our borders so the eskimoes can not devastate our whiting stocks giving Qld fans affected by the NRL close down, plenty of social distancing space to get a feed for our family 😄

now it`s good news  timefor Maroon fans ... 

The coronavirus pandemic will almost certainly prevent Adelaide from hosting an Origin match this year with the series to revert back to Sydney and Brisbane.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/coronavirus-pandemic-will-stop-state-of-origin-from-heading-to-south-australia-in-2020/news-story/3876543ed06f2e8abe6c471fc6fe154a

8 hours ago, Gad said:

now it`s good news  timefor Maroon fans ... 

The coronavirus pandemic will almost certainly prevent Adelaide from hosting an Origin match this year with the series to revert back to Sydney and Brisbane.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/coronavirus-pandemic-will-stop-state-of-origin-from-heading-to-south-australia-in-2020/news-story/3876543ed06f2e8abe6c471fc6fe154a

Not necessarily @Gad  ....... "Should the Adelaide venture be put on ice, NSW would be favoured to receive two games this season because Queensland enjoyed a home-ground advantage with an Origin double at Suncorp Stadium in 2017".

Perhaps if the Moreton Island idea gets off the ground, all three games might be in Qld ......... 🙂 

On 04/04/2020 at 10:14 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Not necessarily @Gad  ....... "Should the Adelaide venture be put on ice, NSW would be favoured to receive two games this season because Queensland enjoyed a home-ground advantage with an Origin double at Suncorp Stadium in 2017".

Perhaps if the Moreton Island idea gets off the ground, all three games might be in Qld ......... 🙂 

What is the Moreton Island idea?

8 minutes ago, ellicat said:

There was talk of isolating all the players on Moreton Island and ferrying them across for games.

Pie in the sky, I reckon. However I hope something happens so I can watch something on the tele worth watching.

Awesome. Sand hills training. They could re purpose the airport at Cowan Cowan 🙂

Re-start 28th May, hey.... https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/04/09/vlandys-why-wouldnt-we-restart-thats-the-bottom-line/

That may all be well and Dandy, if it happens 🙂 but....... 
WHAT if some of the 'any thing for a story'  southern NRL media reports are right for once. Gus 'The Goose' Gould to replace Todd Greenberg as CEO......... The Game will never be the same, but at least it will still be played on a rectanglular field 😄

• 1 month later...

I just had a read and the tipping will remain unchanged (apart from the draw itself changing), so if you have tipped into the future you will need to change them once the draw is settled.

From the NRL website -

"

Tipping

Status

The 2020 NRL Tipping season remains suspended in pre-Round 3 state of the old draw. 

NRL Tipping will be updated to implement the fixtures for the new 20-round NRL season approximately 48 hours after the fixture update is published by NRL.com.

State of Origin matches will not be included. 

WNRL fixtures may still be included in the 2020 NRL Tipping competition.

We may also need to make some other adjustments to the advertised game length or play (e.g. the Streak competition, WNRL). Should such changes occur they will be clearly communicated well before the next round of play gets underway.

Further updates on this will communicated ASAP.

Your Tips

Until NRL Tipping returns you can continue to interact as if the new round(s) is(are) imminent. This means that, currently, future round tipping is based on the original, unadjusted draw.

Once we have updated the fixtures to align with the new draw, you will need to ensure you alter your future-round tips, as all previously made tips for future rounds will not exist.

Competitions

As the NRL Tipping competition had officially begun your tipping points and the associated public/private competition ladders and rankings remain unaffected. The game remains active and we will adjust fixtures and the season length as advised above.

Currently, you can still manage your competitions and check your competition results as normal.

"

here we go again 🙂

REVISED 2020 NRL DRAW ROUNDs 3 - 20   

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-season-draw-roosters-face-an-uphill-battle/news-story/6309137a7664b9895bf6805bb089d39b

Restart… Round 3. Thursday 28 MAY

Venues for the draw have only been confirmed up until the end of Round 9 while State of Origin will be played over three straight Wednesday nights at the end of the season, on November 4, 11 and 18.

A women’s Origin match will be also played during the representative period, on November 13.

Round 3

Thursday May 28

Brisbane Broncos v Parramatta Eels, Suncorp Stadium, 7.50pm

Friday May 29

North QLD Cowboys v Gold Coast Titans, Qld Country Bank Stadium, 6pm

Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs, Bankwest Stadium, 7.55pm

Saturday May 30

New Zealand Warriors v St. George Illawarra Dragons, Central Coast Stadium, 3pm

Cronulla Sharks v Wests Tigers, Bankwest Stadium, 5.30pm

Melbourne Storm v Canberra Raiders, AAMI Park, 7.35pm

Sunday May 31

Penrith Panthers v Newcastle Knights, Campbelltown Stadium, 4.05pm

Manly Sea Eagles v Bulldogs, Central Coast Stadium, 6.30pm

Hi everyone

GO BRONCOS GO BRONCOS GO BRONCOS GO BRONCOS!!!! 😉 

(I've found a loophole to watch the footy on a school night, do homework in front of the telly with the footy on)

Seriously though, I hope everyone enjoys this season (despite the fact that the atmosphere might be slightly weird because there's no crowd) and I hope you can all win some of your bets/tips you place. 🙂 

Cheers Hamish