Nrl 2020

ellicat

11 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

What did you all think about the "canned" crowd noise? 

At first I thought what a lame idea. But I couple of times through the match I realised it had sucked me in and I had to remind myself that there was actually no crowd. Great game to restart the NRL. Once the Broncos had those couple of six again calls they were gassed and never really recovered. Losing The captain before half time didn’t help - they needed all the interchange they could get. Plenty of lessons there for coaches from all teams about the new playing conditions.  And wasn’t good to only have one ref again instead of 2 competing with each other for tv time.

10 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

At first I thought what a lame idea. But I couple of times through the match I realised it had sucked me in and I had to remind myself that there was actually no crowd. Great game to restart the NRL. Once the Broncos had those couple of six again calls they were gassed and never really recovered. Losing The captain before half time didn’t help - they needed all the interchange they could get. Plenty of lessons there for coaches from all teams about the new playing conditions.  And wasn’t good to only have one ref again instead of 2 competing with each other for tv time.

Liked the one ref, didn’t mind the canned crowd but hated the 6 again rule. 

Hey everyone

Well I watched the Broncs game, just until half time. 

From what I saw, Parramatta was pretty much on top of their game. I saw one missed opportunity with Anthony Milford, he missed a try 😞. I think the 'canned crowd' is kind of silly, but at least it gives the round a decent vibe and atmosphere. I also think the six tackle rule is quite annoying, seeing as though it may advantage either team/make it harder for either one. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Round 3  results

Thursday May 28

Broncos 6  v  34 Eels
this time around the Broncos got some points……

Friday May 29

Cowboys  36  v  6 Titans

With a possession rate of 66% to 34% the score tells the story

Roosters  28  v  12 Rabbitohs

hard fought game.

Roosters possession 49 % to Bunnies 51%
Roosters completion rate 87% to Bunnies 86%

Saturday May 30

Warriors  18  v 0  Dragons,
will St.George  keep Mary McGregor as coach until Wayne Bennett becomes a free agent at the end of 2021??..... will Bennett`s Bunnies hold up the Trophy this year and allow Bennett move to St. George for 2021??...

Sharks 16  v  28 Tigers

The Tiggers roared

Storm  6  v  22 Raiders

the Raiders raided the Storm.... again

Sunday May 31

Panthers  14  v  14 Knights
this game was all about momentum and loss of momentum.
The telling detail about this game…. neither had a decent pot shot kicker on the day

Manly  32  v  6 Bulldogs

Hmmm, will the dogs ever be let out again…..

here we go again 🙂 

Round 4

Thursday June 4

Broncos v Roosters, Suncorp Stadium, 7.50pm

Friday June 5

Panthers v Warriors, Campbelltown Stadium, 6pm

Storm v Rabbitohs, AAMI Park, 7.55pm

Saturday June 6

Eels v Sea Eagles, Bankwest Stadium, 5.30pm

Cowboys v Sharks, Qld Country Bank Stadium, 7.35pm

Sunday June 7

Raiders v Knights, Campbelltown Stadium, 4.05pm

Titans v Tigers, Suncorp Stadium, 6.30pm

Monday June 8

Bulldogs v Dragons, Bankwest Stadium, 4.05pm

On 01/06/2020 at 6:16 PM, ellicat said:

Mary McGregor can't coach. They should axe him now. They have some real talent in their team but he's not getting much from them.

apparently (going by Gus the Goose on 100% footy)  when he did St.Georges end of 2019 footy department review, they have no money to sack and payout McGregor nor the money to bring in a new coach 😧 
with no dough in the bakery one now has to wonder where baker Bennett will stoke up the ovens in 2022 

Hi Gad

I just saw that the Broncs are going to play the Roosters, I am now praying they don't get unilated... I think I'll have jinxed it though, but hopefully we do win! 🙂 

Hey ellicat and Hweebe

I think it'd be a hard one for the Bulldogs VS Dragons, I think the bulldogs might be a bit worse but its hard to know... Wish I was old enough to tip 😉 

Cheers Hamish

He was a good, lively player and is also an ex-Tiger so I have a soft spot for him. Don't know why he left.

Strange for the Broncos to be adding another player to where they already have a lot of class and depth. I think they should be focusing on hooker and halves (getting rid of Milford would do them good) where they need a good game manager.

They didn't pay much for him and wouldn't surprise if he plays next week given Fifita, Pangai and Glenn are out. Premiership winner and has played for Qld so his experience will be invaluable and basically pays his contract off if helps them win one game 🙂. I was a big fan of his when he was playing for the Broncos.

10 hours ago, christophagus said:

last night was hard to watch...i knew it was over after the first 2 tries. Just made it look too easy.

Hi christophagus

I didn't end up watching it, but saw the scores today...

Gad, unfortunately, you are right... 😞 

Oh well, hopefully they can keep going and do a bit better in their next games. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Round 5

Thursday June 11

Sea Eagles v Broncos, Central Coast Stadium, 7.50pm

Friday June 12

Warriors v Cowboys, Central Coast Stadium, 6pm

Eels v Panthers, Bankwest Stadium, 7.55pm

Saturday June 13

Rabbitohs v Titans, Bankwest Stadium, 3pm

Knights v Storm, Central Coast Stadium 5.30pm

Tigers v Raiders Campbelltown Stadium 7.35pm

Sunday June 14