Brisbane River Session #22 And #23

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Hey Junky

Righto, that's good. 

Also, LOL, I don't normally get mad but I could feel the strength of that (the brute power) and I was so devastated to see it go. Now no one wins, the fish has a big length of line hanging out of its mouth and I have a "one that got away story" opposed to a "bragging story". 😉 Not complaining though, I was happy with the fight it put up before I lost it. 

Cheers Hamish

No idea if that is a really bad case of white spot disease or not. The pics I've seen the prawn has distinct white spots, but that could be a lot of spots joined together. I'll be interested to hear others' opinions. Maybe @benno573 will have a better idea.

Such a shame you lost the fight. It looked like a really good fish. You fighting style looked good.

Nice cod too.

Hey ellicat

Yes, I googled it on my mates phone (I still haven't got around to looking because I fished so much this weekend 😉) and what it showed were some very distinct circular spots. That made me think it was just frost, but it didn't initially come off when I chucked him in a bucket. 

It was a shame too, I would've just wanted to see if it was a big salmon or something else. The big run was just crazy as well, because that was on a pretty tight drag with thirty pound line. I have watched the video a couple times over to see what I could've improved on, and I think loosening the drag right off when it is in the pylons may allow it to swim out. The cod was pretty good too, it certainly fought well. 🙂 

Cheers Hamish 🙂  

18 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Nice one mate. Thanks for the great report. 

It is very unlikely that that is white spot. But great that you are aware and looking out for it. 

Hey Drop Bear

Thanks for that, all good. I like writing them so glad you like reading them. 🙂 

I didn't think it was white spot either, just thought it was freezer burn (I had to resort to using old baits instead of stuff I catch myself because I couldn't and I ran out of good prawns LOL).

16 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

Looks like freezer burn on what we call a Coral Prawn. They are bycatch when trawling for School Prawns in the shallower waters.

Hi aussie123

Righto, thanks for ID-ing the prawn as well. Seems to make sense because I had about 4 big Australian Farm Prawns left over (bought well before white spot was identified in that Logan prawn farm). 

Cheers Hamish 🙂