Diver Saves A Whale Calf

Hey everyone

Thought it might be interested to share this link with you. It's from the news I was watching tonight - 

https://www.9news.com.au/national/queensland-whale-calf-stuck-in-nets-burleigh-heads-gold-coast/e991d3da-d45f-4800-811e-59ed156d474a

The most bizarre thing is despite this act saving the whales life, he is being fined over it! Apparently because he interfered with it and it was dangerous. Hopefully the fisheries come around and don't fine him though! 

What are your opinions on this?

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

Yes Hamish, makes a joke out of the whole system doesn't it.

The fisho's should spend more time catching crab pot theives and people taking undersized fish.

Where's all the animal libs, they should be standing behind that bloke.

End of rant.

Hey Angry51

Yes, agreed. I wish those people going over to him in the boat would bust some people, especially those who cull our stocks of fish, like you said. 

I also wonder where the animals libs are, hopefully tomorrow the headline in the paper isn't "ANIMAL PROTESTERS SHUT DOWN THE GOLD COAST!" 😉. In fact, animal libs and fisheries should team up to bust people keeping under size marine life! 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say I just heard the fellow, who goes by the name "Django", may be fined a maximum of $21 000 for getting close to the shark nets and $27 000 for cutting it or interfering with it. 

At least some people have set up a fundraising page which has already raised $10 000. The most ridiculous thing (in my opinion) is that it was initially $1 300 and now it's may be over $40 000! 😞 

Cheers Hamish