It's A Long Time Since I Used This Forum Category

ellicat

I had a gas fridge for camping sent to me with a delivery date estimated to be 28 April by Toll. They suffered a Ransomware attack on their system and lost it. It still hasn't shown up. Luckily the vendor was very good about it and sent me another one via TNT that showed up after a few days. It was my highest value item I had purchased on-line so I was quite concerned at the time. The vendor still hasn't received the item back.

12 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi ellicat

Well that is a bugger, is Australia Post going to give you a refund (I assume so)? 

Cheers Hamish

IF it is via ebay you are ok different story if you have purchased directly then the seller has to make a claim on  his carrier ( providing he has insurance) and if seller is an a/hole you have to wait till seller gets insurance back.

• 1 month later...

Well, I got the electric winch the week before last and installed it. Wow, so easy and probably no slower than me winching manually. Very happy. Thanks again for the help on choosing it @rayke1938 and @aussie123.

Also installed a new livewell supplied by @aussie123 / www.reeltackle.com.au

It came up very nicely. Got it installed this week. Again, very happy and can now accommodate a few more rods and can keep them out of the way.

20200731_123155.thumb.jpg.d2bd8780d837036220d666f55d967eb2.jpg20200731_123110.thumb.jpg.c1ee5ea051eff571313c7d31a243af35.jpg20200731_123104.thumb.jpg.a74c0cb946ac44590d8ac6ae95f9dbae.jpg

Just waiting on a bracket to show up so I can plumb it with bilge pump etc.

2 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Well, I got the electric winch the week before last and installed it. Wow, so eay and probably no slower than me winching manually. Very happy. Thanks again for the help on choosing it @rayke1938 and @aussie123.

It came up very nicely. Got it installed this week. Again, very happy and can now accommodate a few more rods and can keep them out of the way.

20200731_123155.thumb.jpg.d2bd8780d837036220d666f55d967eb2.jpg20200731_123110.thumb.jpg.c1ee5ea051eff571313c7d31a243af35.jpg20200731_123104.thumb.jpg.a74c0cb946ac44590d8ac6ae95f9dbae.jpg

That looks awesome Brian.

Good to see that you got the rod holder spacings correct, so many people miss it by this <-> much, lol.

As soon as those brackets come back into stock, I will shoot one straight over to you.

2 minutes ago, ellicat said:

It's a very snug fit, Lance, which is good so it won't vibrate.

I found the best way for me to install it was to take it to the pros at Coorparoo Marine. A lot less swearing as well. haha

Yes well that saves you stuffing the measurements up,lol.

Iv'e had at least half a dozen customers fit their rod holders at incorrect spacings now and the only way around it is to move the rod holders or build them a new board with leg spacings that fit their rod holders which costs them a lot more in the long run as it becomes a custom build.

So far only 1 guy has tried to blame me for his board not fitting his rod holders that he fitted himself, lol

5 hours ago, ellicat said:

Well, I got the electric winch the week before last and installed it. Wow, so easy and probably no slower than me winching manually. Very happy. Thanks again for the help on choosing it @rayke1938 and @aussie123.

Hi ellicat

Now, that looks great. I love the new livie tank.

I'm sure the livies you get will be ripper bait. Anything live seems to work better! 

Cheers Hamish

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Insurance includes rego and coastguard as well as insurance. I'm into my third year, so that's 3 years worth.

Well that sounds more like it for 3 years.

What would you say is the longer term per annum operating cost once you take out the obligatory upgrades / fixes from the first few years.

That is assuming you have no more large upgrades planned (If that's even possible with a boat)

8 hours ago, ellicat said:

Just for interests sake, I thought I'd post up how the costs are going with the boat. I've nearly spent the same as the purchase price on it. Crazy how things add up.Capture.JPG.bdc43893956617bf505376f9e4cad49a.JPG

Jeez I'd hate to see my wheel for the last 10 years. 

I'm with @Another Wazza delete it now before this missus sees it.

Hopefully the accessories part will just about be done?

22 minutes ago, leeroy1 said:

Hopefully the accessories part will just about be done?

Yep, nothing in the pipeline except maybe a new prop once I've figured out how everything is running with the new electric setup's weight effect. I think I need a bit more grunt in the take-off but don't want to lose anything at the top end. I might be dreaming.

4 hours ago, Kat said:

Ha ha.  Brett wants to see the benefit wheel?  Or asks if, as an accountant, you only work in costs? Lol

The response to one of my work mates for when he mentions benefits to his wife “unless it benefits me I don’t see how it’s a benefit“ tongue and cheek of course

For me, I just own up to it and say to the misuse, “just think of all the other addictions out there I could be hooked on, fishing surely is saintly other things considered”

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

Yep, nothing in the pipeline except maybe a new prop once I've figured out how everything is running with the new electric setup's weight effect. I think I need a bit more grunt in the take-off but don't want to lose anything at the top end. I might be dreaming.

What’s your top end speed on ellicatch and at what rpm? Is it aluminium or stainless? Is there still further room to move up in the rev range so u can get both take off and still have access to the top speed (albeit at higher revs) with a new prop

2 hours ago, Hweebe said:

The response to one of my work mates for when he mentions benefits to his wife “unless it benefits me I don’t see how it’s a benefit“ tongue and cheek of course

For me, I just own up to it and say to the misuse, “just think of all the other addictions out there I could be hooked on, fishing surely is saintly other things considered”

Was same with my missus today.

Weekend I had 9 bets on horses, got my money back and won 31cents.🥲

She laughed at that and called out waste of time but I said at least

I don't have an addiction to gambling. I only do dollar bets.🤣

5 hours ago, Hweebe said:

What’s your top end speed on ellicatch and at what rpm? Is it aluminium or stainless? Is there still further room to move up in the rev range so u can get both take off and still have access to the top speed (albeit at higher revs) with a new prop

Roughly 25 knots depending on the current and who I have as a decky (lol). That's about 5400 rpm with an aluminium prop, so I could probably get a few more revs.

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

Roughly 25 knots depending on the current and who I have as a decky (lol). That's about 5400 rpm with an aluminium prop, so I could probably get a few more revs.

Could be completely old wives tale but I remember reading on a forum / fb somewhere that going to Stainless Prop for motors under ~140hp would was marginal performance improvement (from reduced flex), unless you were also changing the prop pitch / diameter.

Long story short the consensus advice was to wait until the aluminium prop was damaged before putting money into a new prop. No incidents yet on my prop (which is a good thing) so I'm still on my original aluminium prop.