It's A Long Time Since I Used This Forum Category

ellicat

Whitworths too small i run a 4500 lb ebay one and it can pull my boat up from the ground ok. My boat probably weighs more than yours it is 17ft plus 2 X 24volt battery banks.Do not get steel cable one go for the dyneema rope, Look for one with 2 remotes. If you wish I have 3 powerwinches in the shed motors are good but have rusty steel cables so you would have to replace with dyneema, also replace thrust bearings ( lance carry these I think or he can get them in for you) The power winch has the advantage of having a back up handle if someone else has to tow your boat and they have o anderson plug. You can convert the power winches to wireless remote he kit costs around $20 plus a solenoid. The disadvantage of the power winch is that it does not have a power out facality and if you stuff up when retrieving solo you have to get up to the winch and manually let the boat back off the trailer . I will try to remember to take a few photos tomorrow.ps power winches are free

Thanks Ray. I'll pass on your generous free offer as you know I am far from being a mechanical type. I don't even know what a thrust bearing is and a solenoid sounds like something at the back of the throat. 😳 Throw that in with the fact that when I DO stuff up on my own at the ramp I don't want to have to do the manual thing.

I will take your advice on the ebay model though. I searched your seller and could only come up with this one -

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Grey-Quad-Boat-ATV-Car-4x4/153474067128?hash=item23bbc46ab8:g:cOsAAOSwGiFczGJR

Also found this one -

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-I-MAX-12V-5000LBS-Portable-Detachable-Electric-Boat-Winch-ATV-Quad-4WD-4x4/271472855741?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D226430%26meid%3D146b0ba4436a4263837481bd921ad77d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dpf%26sd%3D271625991166%26itm%3D271472855741%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWebWithBBEV2bDemotion&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I like the idea of a dis-mountable one as there are more thieves at the saltwater ramps. What do you think of them ?

Are either of these the same as you have @rayke1938 ?

On 20/05/2020 at 8:49 PM, ellicat said:

I'd heard of and the wife borrowed a copy of Allen Carr's book years ago, but I forgot who it was. So thanks for the reminder.

The anchor retriever: is that the float and ring device ?

Yes I assume he is talking about the float and ring device. If you are anchoring in ~20m probably not worth the extra effort or time. However in deeper water if I didn’t have an electric winch I wouldn’t be without one saves a lot of physical effort.

On my previous boat I had it setup with float and anchor in a milk crate under my drivers seat, never had to go through the cabin hatch at all to Drop or retrieve the anchor when fishing solo using this float.

10 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

Could go no hands all together with a boat latch system and drive on, however these don’t come cheap and would be more expensive compared to an electric winch.

And the problem with that is, if you are by yourself, you have to get out of the boat to drive the car up the ramp after driving the boat on, which could be tricky in itself unless you have a front boarding ladder.

2 minutes ago, GregOug said:

And the problem with that is, if you are by yourself, you have to get out of the boat to drive the car up the ramp after driving the boat on, which could be tricky in itself unless you have a front boarding ladder.

Ah yes that does get tricky and can be slippery. The spare trailer tyre on my trailer arm just happens to be the perfect height to act as a ladder but there is definitely some body contortion and flexibility to get up and down solo.

1 minute ago, Hweebe said:

Ah yes that does get tricky and can be slippery. The spare trailer tyre on my trailer arm just happens to be the perfect height to act as a ladder but there is definitely some body contortion and flexibility to get up and down solo.

Which I am getting more and more loathe (or able) to do these days

Actually I prefer my method where I hop in the boat before it is reversed down the ramp and stay into until the trailer and boat are pulled up the ramp at the end of the trip. That way my feet stay clean (no wading through mud and water when launching of retrieving, no reversing trailers down the ramp, no walking miles to get the car etc etc). That’s what sons are for! 🤪

k if this part fits your vehicle

Mouse over image to zoom
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 1
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 2
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 3
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 4
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 5
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 6
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 7
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 8
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 9
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 10
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 11
  • 12V-4500lbs-4500lb-Electric-Winch-Dyneema-Rope-10m-Quad-Boat-Trailer-ATV-Car-Gre thumbnail 12
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Learn more- opens in new window or tab

Seller information

98.9% Positive feedback

12V 4500lbs 4500lb Electric Winch Dyneema Rope 10m Quad Boat Trailer ATV Car Gre

Huge 3.9hp Motor-6mm x 10m Dyneema-Dual Wireless Remote

Condition:
Brand New

Quantity:
6 available / 4 sold

Free postage
30-day returns
Sent from Australia

Postage:

Every time i look the price goes up his one ticks all the boxed with dyneema rope,2 wireless remotes plus wired remote. Has a more powerful motor than mine bot I cannot see one similar to mine that has 2 remotes. Been tring for last hour to post but keep losing so here is short version. Cheers Ray

On 20/05/2020 at 8:49 PM, ellicat said:

I'd heard of and the wife borrowed a copy of Allen Carr's book years ago, but I forgot who it was. So thanks for the reminder.

The anchor retriever: is that the float and ring device ?

Yes sir.

They make life so much easier. 

You can get clips so they're not always on the anchor rope too. 

Anchor retriever clip

Hi ellicat

It's good Ellicatch went out on her maiden voyage, sounds like the conditions were very tough though. Just a question, does the bait have a live bait tank built in or do you use a bucket for the bait? (If it is a built in one, does it need an aerator or does it have a bilge pump pumping water through?). 

Shame you didn't snag a thready or jew down at the mouth, hopefully next time you can get one 🙂 

Cheers Hamish 

Geez you were keen going out last night! I was sitting happily in front of the fire with a warming rum and a cleansing ale! Glad to hear it all went well. Shame about the no bites but I can’t help thinking you may have jinxed yourself with the name ellicatch. Maybe change it to something like “Greenpeace 2” or “PETApal 1” and the mojo might kick in 😂

Well, there you go, you've answered my answer from last night when I opened the back door to call the dog in and felt the cold wind, came inside and said to my wife 'I wonder if there are any crazy buggers out there fishing tonight' before clarifying it with '10 years ago I would have been but I'm getting a bit soft as I get older' ... 🙂. Shame you weren't rewarded with a nice fish to christen Ellicatch, hopefully next time.

42 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

'I wonder if there are any crazy buggers out there fishing tonight' before clarifying it with '10 years ago I would have been but I'm getting a bit soft as I get older'

There were crazy buggers out there but that had nothing to do with the conditions. haha

The boat made me feel younger. The body reminded me I'm not, but it was nice while it lasted.

Yeah @Drop Bear , you're on. You will have to do the winch too unless I have the electric installed. haha

I'll be taking her in Monday to Mick Neville at Coorparoo Marine. They are top notch so will definitely replace the impeller for me. Having said that it puts out a lot of water now.

I took her for a spin with benno last night. Wednesday Thursday Friday looking good to me. Just need some deckies until the electric winch goes on.

5 hours ago, rayke1938 said:

if you already have anderson plug on nissan check the wireing and fuse you nay have to upgrade the winches draw a fair bit of current

I'll mention it to Mick when I drop it into him (Navara doesn't have an Anderson plug).

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

Yes please. Ready when you are.

Cool mate, at this stage hopefully Thurs arvo but I'll let you know. We dropped my boat off the trailer (onto tyres, not accidentally 🙂) and I have swapped cars with dad so he can take it to get a cross member cut off and a new section welded on, so just need to work out what day I am swapping cars back with Dad.

On 23/05/2020 at 4:06 PM, ellicat said:

Yeah @Drop Bear , you're on. You will have to do the winch too unless I have the electric installed. haha

I'll be taking her in Monday to Mick Neville at Coorparoo Marine. They are top notch so will definitely replace the impeller for me. Having said that it puts out a lot of water now.

I took her for a spin with benno last night. Wednesday Thursday Friday looking good to me. Just need some deckies until the electric winch goes on.

I can do the winch until I have Surgery on 10th of June. Then I am off winch duties for 3 Months....... Perhaps I need an electric one too. 

I did. I'd forgotten the process of unpacking the gear and washing the boat and trailer and flushing the motor. It took quite a while in the cold conditions.. Not to mention the fun I had trying to get the trailer off the car (and on for that matter). Problem fixed by turning my tongue upside down so the jockey wheel can be utilised properly.

9 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I did. I'd forgotten the process of unpacking the gear and washing the boat and trailer and flushing the motor. It took quite a while in the cold conditions.. Not to mention the fun I had trying to get the trailer off the car (and on for that matter). Problem fixed by turning my tongue upside down so the jockey wheel can be utilised properly.

Did you have to use a car jack to lift the trailer off the the tow ball so that there is a enough height for the jockey wheel to be put into the vertical position. Fun times been there too 🙂