It's A Long Time Since I Used This Forum Category

ellicat

I didn't think there was enough adjustment on the bracket, Ray. Turning the tow tongue upside down gave me a few extra inches which is more than enough.

10 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Did you have to use a car jack to lift the trailer off the the tow ball so that there is a enough height for the jockey wheel to be put into the vertical position. Fun times been there too

I used brute strength to lift her while the wife moved the jockey wheel into position for me. That just worked, but I wasn't happy with the process. haha

It is so much heavier than my old 4.2m runabout.

I had/have that problem with my jockey wheel and at first solved it by using the jack, which I soon got, well .... 'jack' of!!  Then I realised if I backed my back car wheels onto my recovery tracks it gave me enough height to swing the jockey wheel. When I get around to getting a 2 inch lift for the Pajero I shouldn't have the problem anymore.

Brian - do you know if you are fishing Wed and/or Thurs?

45 minutes ago, rayke1938 said:

buy a 10 inch jockey wheel it sits a lot higher and also easier to move. I got a solid one as i found that with the pneumatic ones the tubes are ratshit.Cheers Ray

I agree. If your jockey wheel can’t be swivelled with your car and trailer in the normal position it is either not set up right or is not designed for the trailer. Buy a different one or put spacers where it connects to the trailer to allow it to swivel down.

39 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I'm not Wednesday as the boat's at the shop for its first service. Will be out there on Thursday though. Not sure what time I'll be back.

Can’t be too late @ellicat. Have to have boat cleaned, fish cleaned, self cleaned and imbibe several football enhancers before playing 80 minutes of rugba league. Could be a big day.

13 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Tomorrow and Thursday are both looking magic. Might go out both days. I already have one decky but others welcome if interested.

I was hoping to get out both days as well, but Wednesday is now out for me and Thursday I have a date for my inaugural Bay expedition. Would love to catch up one time just to see your rig, let alone go for a spin. One day soon I hope.

29 minutes ago, ellicat said:

"Rugba league" 🤣

True. The nights and weekend routine will be back.

Hi ellicat

Yes, they will... Unfortunately for me that means more homework and less cast netting (I am hoping to take some mates out fishing so I need some bait) 🙂 

Also, good luck on going to the bay, hopefully you can get onto some good fish! 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

I'm not Wednesday as the boat's at the shop for its first service. Will be out there on Thursday though. Not sure what time I'll be back.

Cool mate, might aim for Friday arvo then, although I might try and have the stuff needed in my car on Thursday. Flick me a text on Thursday if you'll be home by 3:45pm and I should be OK to swing by then 🙂 

24 minutes ago, ellicat said:

So @kmcrosby78  dropped in yesterday afternoon to help get the 6mm chain sock on. We (mostly Kelvin) struggled for some frustrating time before another chain measure revealed I had goofed and the links were 8mm. Oh well, lesson learnt.

Thanks for your generous time, mate.

All good mate, I'm just relieved that I wasn't the problem. I was starting to get a complex that you may need to get @Old Scaley or @benno573 to come around and finish what I couldn't ......... 🙃

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

If anyone is interested in the Excel spreadsheet I've created, let me know and I can email it for you to use

I'm too scared to put it all down on a spreadsheet like that.

It looks too much like a business case and if the minister of finance saw all the costs layed out like that she would probably question my return on investment.

I've argued you can't put a price on my sanity and happiness. She begs to differ 🙂

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

Bring

Out

Another

Thousand

is already ringing so true. Already have cracked two grand in a bit over a week. 🥴

1623364679_boatmay29.thumb.JPG.4e3f726491d51d540d69bcc9fcf9bf9d.JPG

If anyone is interested in the Excel spreadsheet I've created, let me know and I can email it for you to use

Done like a true accountant be too dangerous to have something like that in my household. That is divorce material.

Edited by rayke1938

6 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

All good mate, I'm just relieved that I wasn't the problem. I was starting to get a complex that you may need to get @Old Scaley or @benno573 to come around and finish what I couldn't ......... 🙃

Well I did make exactly the same mistake when I ordered chain sock, but I did manage to get it on eventually. I can’t remember exactly how I did it but I remember it took a longgggggggg time and a lot of cursing. Did you watch the video that Lance put in this topic? I thought @ellicat‘s chain might have been smaller than mine, but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Old Scaley said:

Well I did make exactly the same mistake when I ordered chain sock, but I did manage to get it on eventually. I can’t remember exactly how I did it but I remember it took a longgggggggg time and a lot of cursing. Did you watch the video that Lance put in this topic? I thought @ellicat‘s chain might have been smaller than mine, but I could be wrong.

Apparently we have similar sized chains, Steve.

We followed the video. Even played it as we were doing it.

2 hours ago, Hweebe said:

I'm too scared to put it all down on a spreadsheet like that.

It looks too much like a business case and if the minister of finance saw all the costs layed out like that she would probably question my return on investment.

I've argued you can't put a price on my sanity and happiness. She begs to differ 🙂

I just hope she doesn't sell all my guns for what I told her I

paid for them.:yikes: So I try not to get into spreadsheets.

It's called living on the edge.🤣

• 2 weeks later...

A big shout out to @kmcrosby78, who came over twice after school to get my chain sock on. Yesterday was successful as I found ordering the right size sock works a lot better. Cheers Kelvin.

Also a shout out to @aussie123 for supplying the sock and helping out with other issues. He really knows his stuff and has a great big range of products. If you're in need of something, have a look at his reeltackle store.

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Also a shout out to @aussie123 for supplying the sock and helping out with other issues. He really knows his stuff and has a great big range of products. If you're in need of something, have a look at his reeltackle store.

@aussie123 just checked out your reeltackle site, will definitely be scoping out what gear i need from there. Site says 12th June and 21st June you will be away. Fishing Trip?

5 hours ago, Hweebe said:

@aussie123 just checked out your reeltackle site, will definitely be scoping out what gear i need from there. Site says 12th June and 21st June you will be away. Fishing Trip?

Yes mate, we are heading up to 1770 on Friday for about 10 days of windy crappy looking fishing, lol

7 hours ago, ellicat said:

A big shout out to @kmcrosby78, who came over twice after school to get my chain sock on. Yesterday was successful as I found ordering the right size sock works a lot better. Cheers Kelvin.

Legends them 2. 

19 hours ago, aussie123 said:

Are you looking for bay marks, if so let me know what area of the bay and I will have a look for you

We are camping at Teebing at Wathumba Creek so marks in the north eastern bay and around Rooney Point would be amazing. As I am sure you are very aware it will be windy with south easters so probably only areas close to Fraser. 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

We are camping at Teebing at Wathumba Creek so marks in the north eastern bay and around Rooney Point would be amazing. As I am sure you are very aware it will be windy with south easters so probably only areas close to Fraser. 

No worries mate.

I have already packed the gps into the car as we are off early tomorrow so when i set it up in the boat up there I will grab some for you.

12 hours ago, aussie123 said:

No worries mate.

I have already packed the gps into the car as we are off early tomorrow so when i set it up in the boat up there I will grab some for you.

Have a great trip. I hope you can snag the weather window this weekend and Monday and another one opens up soon after. 

I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of red fish.