ellicat

It's A Long Time Since I Used This Forum Category

Recommended Posts

I didn't think there was enough adjustment on the bracket, Ray. Turning the tow tongue upside down gave me a few extra inches which is more than enough.

10 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Did you have to use a car jack to lift the trailer off the the tow ball so that there is a enough height for the jockey wheel to be put into the vertical position. Fun times been there too

I used brute strength to lift her while the wife moved the jockey wheel into position for me. That just worked, but I wasn't happy with the process. haha

It is so much heavier than my old 4.2m runabout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had/have that problem with my jockey wheel and at first solved it by using the jack, which I soon got, well .... 'jack' of!!  Then I realised if I backed my back car wheels onto my recovery tracks it gave me enough height to swing the jockey wheel. When I get around to getting a 2 inch lift for the Pajero I shouldn't have the problem anymore.

Brian - do you know if you are fishing Wed and/or Thurs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, rayke1938 said:

buy a 10 inch jockey wheel it sits a lot higher and also easier to move. I got a solid one as i found that with the pneumatic ones the tubes are ratshit.Cheers Ray

I agree. If your jockey wheel can’t be swivelled with your car and trailer in the normal position it is either not set up right or is not designed for the trailer. Buy a different one or put spacers where it connects to the trailer to allow it to swivel down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Brian - do you know if you are fishing Wed and/or Thurs?

I'm not Wednesday as the boat's at the shop for its first service. Will be out there on Thursday though. Not sure what time I'll be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I'm not Wednesday as the boat's at the shop for its first service. Will be out there on Thursday though. Not sure what time I'll be back.

Can’t be too late @ellicat. Have to have boat cleaned, fish cleaned, self cleaned and imbibe several football enhancers before playing 80 minutes of rugba league. Could be a big day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Tomorrow and Thursday are both looking magic. Might go out both days. I already have one decky but others welcome if interested.

I was hoping to get out both days as well, but Wednesday is now out for me and Thursday I have a date for my inaugural Bay expedition. Would love to catch up one time just to see your rig, let alone go for a spin. One day soon I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ellicat said:

"Rugba league"

True. The nights and weekend routine will be back.

Hi ellicat

Yes, they will... Unfortunately for me that means more homework and less cast netting (I am hoping to take some mates out fishing so I need some bait)  

Also, good luck on going to the bay, hopefully you can get onto some good fish! 

Cheers Hamish

Please login or register to view this image
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ellicat said:

I'm not Wednesday as the boat's at the shop for its first service. Will be out there on Thursday though. Not sure what time I'll be back.

Cool mate, might aim for Friday arvo then, although I might try and have the stuff needed in my car on Thursday. Flick me a text on Thursday if you'll be home by 3:45pm and I should be OK to swing by then

Please login or register to view this image
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ellicat said:

So @kmcrosby78  dropped in yesterday afternoon to help get the 6mm chain sock on. We (mostly Kelvin) struggled for some frustrating time before another chain measure revealed I had goofed and the links were 8mm. Oh well, lesson learnt.

Thanks for your generous time, mate.

All good mate, I'm just relieved that I wasn't the problem. I was starting to get a complex that you may need to get @Old Scaley or @benno573 to come around and finish what I couldn't ......... 

Please login or register to view this image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring

Out

Another

Thousand

 

is already ringing so true. Already have cracked two grand in a bit over a week.

Please login or register to view this image

Please login or register to view this attachment

 

If anyone is interested in the Excel spreadsheet I've created, let me know and I can email it for you to use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellicat said:

If anyone is interested in the Excel spreadsheet I've created, let me know and I can email it for you to use

I'm too scared to put it all down on a spreadsheet like that.

It looks too much like a business case and if the minister of finance saw all the costs layed out like that she would probably question my return on investment.

I've argued you can't put a price on my sanity and happiness. She begs to differ

Please login or register to view this image

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ellicat said:

Put the cover from Benno on today. Should do a good job protecting her when the wind and rain are in town, and also the wife's birthday (probably).

Please login or register to view this attachment

 

You need a shade sail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ellicat said:

Bring

Out

Another

Thousand

 

is already ringing so true. Already have cracked two grand in a bit over a week.

Please login or register to view this image

Please login or register to view this attachment

 

If anyone is interested in the Excel spreadsheet I've created, let me know and I can email it for you to use

Done like a true accountant be too dangerous to have something like that in my household. That is divorce material.

Edited by rayke1938

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

All good mate, I'm just relieved that I wasn't the problem. I was starting to get a complex that you may need to get @Old Scaley or @benno573 to come around and finish what I couldn't ......... 

Please login or register to view this image

Well I did make exactly the same mistake when I ordered chain sock, but I did manage to get it on eventually. I can’t remember exactly how I did it but I remember it took a longgggggggg time and a lot of cursing. Did you watch the video that Lance put in this topic? I thought @ellicat‘s chain might have been smaller than mine, but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rayke1938 said:

Done like a true accountant be too dangerous to have something like that in my household. That is divorce material.

Old habits die hard. Fortunately the wife switches off when I mention spreadsheets. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old Scaley said:

Well I did make exactly the same mistake when I ordered chain sock, but I did manage to get it on eventually. I can’t remember exactly how I did it but I remember it took a longgggggggg time and a lot of cursing. Did you watch the video that Lance put in this topic? I thought @ellicat‘s chain might have been smaller than mine, but I could be wrong.

Apparently we have similar sized chains, Steve.

We followed the video. Even played it as we were doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hweebe said:

I'm too scared to put it all down on a spreadsheet like that.

It looks too much like a business case and if the minister of finance saw all the costs layed out like that she would probably question my return on investment.

I've argued you can't put a price on my sanity and happiness. She begs to differ

 

 

I just hope she doesn't sell all my guns for what I told her I

paid for them.

Please login or register to view this image
So I try not to get into spreadsheets.

It's called living on the edge.

Please login or register to view this image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big shout out to @kmcrosby78, who came over twice after school to get my chain sock on. Yesterday was successful as I found ordering the right size sock works a lot better. Cheers Kelvin.

Also a shout out to @aussie123 for supplying the sock and helping out with other issues. He really knows his stuff and has a great big range of products. If you're in need of something, have a look at his reeltackle store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Also a shout out to @aussie123 for supplying the sock and helping out with other issues. He really knows his stuff and has a great big range of products. If you're in need of something, have a look at his reeltackle store.

@aussie123 just checked out your reeltackle site, will definitely be scoping out what gear i need from there. Site says 12th June and 21st June you will be away. Fishing Trip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hweebe said:

@aussie123 just checked out your reeltackle site, will definitely be scoping out what gear i need from there. Site says 12th June and 21st June you will be away. Fishing Trip?

Yes mate, we are heading up to 1770 on Friday for about 10 days of windy crappy looking fishing, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ellicat said:

A big shout out to @kmcrosby78, who came over twice after school to get my chain sock on. Yesterday was successful as I found ordering the right size sock works a lot better. Cheers Kelvin.

Also a shout out to @aussie123 for supplying the sock and helping out with other issues. He really knows his stuff and has a great big range of products. If you're in need of something, have a look at his reeltackle store.

Legends them 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aussie123 said:

We can only hope Robbie but it looks like a pretty big Southerley change is going to move in mid week at this stage.

we are gonna be at Harvey bay so hopefully for us it stays SE....

Got any GPS marks for me? Not gonna head offshore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

we are gonna be at Harvey bay so hopefully for us it stays SE....

Got any GPS marks for me? Not gonna head offshore. 

Are you looking for bay marks, if so let me know what area of the bay and I will have a look for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, aussie123 said:

Are you looking for bay marks, if so let me know what area of the bay and I will have a look for you

We are camping at Teebing at Wathumba Creek so marks in the north eastern bay and around Rooney Point would be amazing. As I am sure you are very aware it will be windy with south easters so probably only areas close to Fraser. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

We are camping at Teebing at Wathumba Creek so marks in the north eastern bay and around Rooney Point would be amazing. As I am sure you are very aware it will be windy with south easters so probably only areas close to Fraser. 

 

No worries mate.

I have already packed the gps into the car as we are off early tomorrow so when i set it up in the boat up there I will grab some for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, aussie123 said:

No worries mate.

I have already packed the gps into the car as we are off early tomorrow so when i set it up in the boat up there I will grab some for you.

Have a great trip. I hope you can snag the weather window this weekend and Monday and another one opens up soon after. 

I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of red fish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered the winch on the 22nd May. Australia Post got it on 25th May. Then they lost it. The seller is out of stock. Now another 3 week wait for them to restock and then another nervous wait when Australia Post get their hands on it.

Lucky the weather is no good at the moment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.