Recommended Posts

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Latest Posts

  • Similar Content

    • By rayke1938
      Good day at NPD today with Rick and Neil   Had to work a bit harder than last trip ending up with 99 bass,couple of good yellas and one lone forky.   Would have caught a lot more but Neil wished to tag some bass. He was not up to the task at one stage he had 4 fish queued up in the landing net so Rick and I had to stop while he caught up.   Best bass was around 47cm and Neils yella went a respectable 61cm and Ricks only 56cm   Bit of a drama on the way home as axle on trailer slipped backwards and jammed the tyre into the mudguard so the boat came home on the back of a tilt tray so looks like I have a project tomorrow.

      Please login or register to view this attachment
    • By fishingnut
      Well what can I say, weather was picture perfect and the fish were happy to play the game too.found three different schools and caught them on as many techniques. Also managed another pb for npd. Still chasing a a yella out there they have eluded me for a while but I will find em. Will let the pics do the talking, 36 bass and a whopper forky. 

      Please login or register to view this attachment
    • By Allnighter
      Well, the stars aligned this morning for myself and my two sons, we all had time off work this morning and headed out for a quick fish from the Port of Brissy in search of any pelagics.
      Bashed the beacons for awhile with no schoolies, so headed to an old mark where we have had success before in the middle of nowhere and was pleased to see on the sounder some massive bait balls
      Wasnt too long and off goes the Shimano baitrunner ! 
      Nearly half an hour later and finally boated a nice Longtail Tuna which went just over a metre ......
      Please login or register to view this image Tried to swim it alongside boat for awhile for a graceful release but it was pretty gassed and ended up in the esky for dinnies.... (Lots of dinners i think)
      Happy with that , so decided to make it a short session and back at the ramp by midday leaving behind a gloriously flat bay ! 

      Please login or register to view this attachment
      Hi all
      Since school is back tomorrow I decided to go back out for one last session before I'll have to do a bit more work. I set the timer up for 5:30AM this morning but when I woke up I wasn't feeling to flash so had a rest for another 50 minutes or so. By 6:45AM, I had the lines in and I had cracked the cast net out.
      The lines, baited with dead prawn, were up on the top of the jetty. I walked down to the jetty to see someone had a crab pot in (with paracord for some reason, tangled around the front of the jetty and a milk bottle float) and started throwing the cast net. I threw the net and could feel a couple clicks in it, so I pulled it up eagerly to see some prawns (good size too). One went out on the salmon line, and the others went into the bucket. Just as I was going for the second throw though, I saw the rod at the top getting pecks, and then buckled over. I jogged up the jetty to set the hook and land the fish. First thing after I tighten the drag were some really timid head shakes, but quick ones. This indicated to me it was a River Perch, and after the short fight, I landed him. I lifted him up in one action with the rod, de hooked him, and photographed him. Here is a picture - 

      Please login or register to view this image Decent River Perch
      After that perch, I chucked out another dead prawn (from Friday) and got back to cast netting. The throws were a bit hit and miss, with one or two prawns per cast. After about 5 minutes though, I saw the rod up on the wooden part getting pecks. I hastily got up there to land whatever it was, and I picked it up. At first I was on, and I thought I would be proceeding to bring up my next perch. About half way through the fight though, the line went slack and I realised the fish mustn't of been hooked properly. Disappointed, I reeled the line in and got it back out. 
      By now, it was a bit past seven and I was still doing some more cast netting. Apart from some prawns in my net, it was going a bit quiet... But once again, I saw some picks and pecks on the rod up on the wooden part. I ran up, to try and land this fish (most likely a perch). This time, I didn't even get close to landing it, because it dropped the bait by the time I was up there. I re baited, and got back to cast netting. This time, I felt some OK weight and something swimming around in the net. OK, I thought... Maybe a big mullet. I left it for a bit before pulling it up, only to see the tail of a catfish swimming off as I lifted it. 
      By now, I had enough livies to sit down and fish (about 8, give or take). The salmon line was given a bait check and casted out again, and so were the other lines (this time with small live prawns). Just about then though, I started feeling a pain in my tummy, and one thing turned into another, I'm feeling sick  I was then faced with a dilemma. I told myself if I was going to catch a salmon today, vomiting into the drink would be worth it. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be the case and while I was half stumbling around looking like I was drunk, I decided that I might need someone to come down because I was now really not feeling it. I asked the passer by to call up my Dad (my phone is yet to have a sim card meaning it's literally a brick outside my home ) and in about 10 minutes he was down. I then had to go, but I made sure to force him to give the net one throw. One prawn was the result, then the rods were reeled up and I was leaving by about quarter past eight. I even beat the old man in his kayak there who pddles every day, I think he was very surprised I left that early. We said "Good morning" briefly, and got back home. I have just been resting today and getting ready to go back to school tomorrow, but here are the statistics of the trip - 
      Stats of Trip - 
      Tide: Low tide 6:10AM, .5M, High tide, 11:40AM, 1.8M. I fished the rise
      Moon Phase: New Moon, so lots of run
      Time Fished: 6:45AM-815AM - Had to cut the session short because of sickness  
      Air Pressure: 1012 (Not 1021, which is what I've had most success in before)
      Weather: 15c, 60% Humidity, 16Km/h winds - Certainly not the best weather
      Bait used: Live and dead banana prawns
      Bait caught: Prawns
      Fish caught: River Perch x 1
      Tackle Used: 14lb and 30lb braid mainlines, 30lb, 15lb, 20lb, fluorocarbon leaders, 80lb trace, size 2 and 6 ball and bean sinkers, large barrel swivel, 4/o circle and suicide hooks, 6"6' Ugly Stik, 8" Ugly Stik, 2M Rogue Firepoint boat rod, size 1000 Shimano Sienna, Size 2500 Shimano Nasci, Size 650 Penn reel, blood knots, shocker knots, albright knot. 
      Overall Success Rate: 50% - Fish caught but sick and bad weather
      OK, those are the stats done. Hopefully everyone enjoyed this read, even though it wasn't the most exciting read. Hopefully we can all stay safe with COVID-19 and hopefully Australia soon has no cases, because I know Queensland only has one apparently. Hopefully the restrictions are eased more as well! Sorry for any spelling errors either, hopefully any mistake is understandable. 
      Cheers Hamish Please login or register to view this image 
    • By rayke1938
      WE ignored the forecast and braved the cold and wind. It was cold enough but multi layers of clothing kept me warm but was a challenge with negotiating  PFD, rain coat, rainpants, trackydaks,shorts and undies when it came time for a widdle.
      No one told the fish about the crook weather with both Ray Hughes and Mark upgrading their PBs with fish over 50cm.
      The quality of the fish was excellent with several over 50 and lots over 45. I was the only one that did not crack a 50.
      We boated 20 bass by 7am half way down Koala Straight finishing up with 60 bass and 2 tandans from that location.
      We left there and did the shrimp traps and tried one other spot opposite koala straight before moving to Andrews drop off where we increased the tally clicker to 163 bass finishing up at 1pm.
      Cheers Ray

      Please login or register to view this attachment
  • Latest Topics

  • Popular Contributors

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Most Liked Topic This Month

  • Random Topics

  • Newest Clubs

  • Links