Navionics Or Cmap

ellicat

I have cmaps that came with a lowrance HDS-Live and also run an old navionics plus card from about 5 years ago.

For navigation I use cmaps as it is more current however the bathymetry mapping detail or what navionics call sonarcharts showed more detail (even though older) which is useful for looking for structure or drop offs. 

Lowrance is partnered with cmaps whilst Garmin Navionics

What is the price difference in the two brands?

7 hours ago, Hweebe said:

What is the price difference in the two brands?

Haven't checked that yet. Still have to get a new sounder.

1 hour ago, rayke1938 said:

which one displays green zones the best?

Good question, Ray. I think the CMaps should do as @Hweebie says they are more up to date. Maybe @Old Scaley could let us know from his Navionics card ??

Thanks for the offer, Steve. I'll take you up on that. 👍

I have the Navionics "Fish n Chips" card, and has fine detail for Moreton Bay. For example the sou-west part of Mud Island looks like a bunch of spastic spaghettiti. 

I assume C-map can do the same but I'm running AutoChart Live on mine to map in greater details areas I'm intereste din

1 hour ago, Nog said:

I have the Navionics "Fish n Chips" card, and has fine detail for Moreton Bay. For example the sou-west part of Mud Island looks like a bunch of spastic spaghettiti. 

I assume C-map can do the same but I'm running AutoChart Live on mine to map in greater details areas I'm intereste din

Yes, C-Map have a thing called C-Map Genesis which is the community mapping thing. Moreton Bay still has a fair bit of 'uncharted' ground though.

I have Cmap its a good for what i need it for but got onto a great APP that does the green zones and all QLD fish species size and bag limits too, being a gov sight its a there app and regs so if you ever get to having a chat to the authorities you can show the the GOV app.

Called the Queensland recreational fishing guide has a maroon fish as a symbol shows up all the green zones far better than anything i seen 

31 minutes ago, fishingnut said:

I have Cmap its a good for what i need it for but got onto a great APP that does the green zones and all QLD fish species size and bag limits too, being a gov sight its a there app and regs so if you ever get to having a chat to the authorities you can show the the GOV app.

Called the Queensland recreational fishing guide has a maroon fish as a symbol shows up all the green zones far better than anything i seen 

I can't find where to get into the Green Zones ??

Side by side of mud island Navionics with “fish n chips” turned off. Cmaps is the chart with the dots.

Like @Nog said with fish n chips on navionics provides even more contour detail then the attached pic.

I haven’t found either map to display green zones well and have resorted to mapping waypoints and trails around green zones so it is very clear for me.

FC3A7973-9777-4E25-9F8D-81C12D92BB41.png

13DC420D-E28F-48CE-9B73-7A15E98B5A93.png

11 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Side by side of mud island Navionics with “fish n chips” turned off. Cmaps is the chart with the dots.

Like @Nog said with fish n chips on navionics provides even more contour detail then the attached pic.

I haven’t found either map to display green zones well and have resorted to mapping waypoints and trails around green zones so it is very clear for me.

You stole my squid WayPoints 🙂

20 hours ago, Hweebe said:

I did the same thing. Easy to see the green zones now