Bay Longtail Tooona Time !

Allnighter

Congrats @Allnighter. The Moreton Bay longtail is on my bucket list but has eluded me for years. Because I am a bit limited by boat size I don’t get the opportunity to chase them too often but have spent many a frustrating hour chasing schools in the western bay when they are there. They seem much more skittish than they are up north or in Hervey Bay where I have caught them previously. Might have to stop chasing feeding schools and concentrate on finding bait schools. Thanks for posting.

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

Congrats @Allnighter. The Moreton Bay longtail is on my bucket list but has eluded me for years. Because I am a bit limited by boat size I don’t get the opportunity to chase them too often but have spent many a frustrating hour chasing schools in the western bay when they are there. They seem much more skittish than they are up north or in Hervey Bay where I have caught them previously. Might have to stop chasing feeding schools and concentrate on finding bait schools. Thanks for posting.

Same here....have spent many hours chasing bust ups to only get one cast in before they dive down in the western bay. What is everyones approach? Stealth / Idle up or hammer down. Neither seems to work for me. The only times I seem to have a chance is i'm in the area drifting about and they pop up for a bit longer.