Hey rayke1938

Great job on cracking the 200 mark, I honestly could never dream of catching that must fish in a session. Do you remember what the most you've ever caught in one of the dams is? 

Cheers Hamish

Please login or register to view this image

1 hour ago, Luc53 said:

Hweebe, have a look at the PRFMA website, heaps of info.

Please login or register to view this content

Thanks @Luc53 only other thing is if I’ll get laughed off Or not when I launch the bar crusher half cab to fish a Dam 

Given the size of NPD, you might get laughted off if you could launch your boat there (electrics only, no outboards attached).

Mind you it wouldn't be out of place on a dam like Awoonga Lake near Gladstone.

Shows how much (or how little) I know about dam fishing. For what ever  reason I thought some dams in se qld that were previously electric only had changeD to “low emissions” outboards allowed?

It varies across various dams.

On some electric only dams, you can leave your outboard on as long as you don't use it eg Lake MacDonald.

Some dams have horsepower restriction and speed limit eg no engine over 60 Hp / 6 knots on Lenthals Dam.

Somerset Dam has no restriction on outboard size & speed whereas Wivenhoe Dam has a speed restriction of 6 knots.

It pays to do your homework before visiting a dam.

9 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Thanks @Luc53 and @rayke1938 maybe i can convince the better half that i need a second boat 

Hey Hweebe

Hopefully she will agree, but if you are interested, maybe a kayak would suit you? I know they aren't as convenient as boats and are a bit more work, but I think it would be cheaper than a new boat (if that's an issue). 

Cheers Hamish