Quinnie 470 Coast Runner

Macca571

I almost bought a boat today ........ until I got into the driver's seat.  Looks like it is designed to be driven whilst seated.  I tried to stand BUT the well where you need to stand is about 4-5" lower than the main deck (designed to place your feet there whilst seated).  If you want to stand (when it starts bouncing) you are far too close to the steering wheel and the controls are then too far back (in line with your hips). There is no way you can go back because of the well and seat is in the road.

It is a 2001 model, old but has not had much use.  Mainly want to use it for outside reefs and bommies ...... not too far out, but the old back is not going to hold up going through a bit of sea unless I can stand.  I know that there are of lot of these boats out there used for the type of fishing I want to do, but I've never been in one before, and so I never realised that this was a problem.  Is this a problem for anyone else?????  Were you able to "fix" the problem.

I understand that I would also need to change the canopy (and add some front clears) because standing means that you are looking over the top of the windsceen.

Any advice would be most gladly accepted.