Is This Filled Up Enough Or Does It Need More Backing

Brodie_S

I recently filled up my Stradic 1000 with 150m of 6lb braid and like 10-15 metres of light mono backing looked slightly under filled will probably take the braid off and put it on another reel and add some more backing and then put the braid back in to get it %100 full 

sorry for blurry photos best pictures I could get but I might just keep it how it is not sure as of yet 

72116955-916F-456A-83ED-C8FF080C4344.jpeg

D7B2DABF-CDCD-4028-A9E4-C4EF458E246E.jpeg

Depends what kind of casting distance you want.

To maximise your distance you will want a bit more especially if you are casting a light (finesse) lures.

If you are bait fishing with a sinker i wouldn't be as fussed. As others have mentioned after a few snags or bust offs the line may be a bit too low.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/06/2020 at 6:53 AM, Drop Bear said:

Its a bit of a pain to take it off and put it back on but you can use an Alvey to do this. 

The Alvey works alright for stripping line, but if you’ve got a cordless drill, that’s even better.A1AF7529-3F28-474B-BE2C-7FD9AC5C5AB9.thumb.jpeg.593e6332eff6fac6462618e1e8286745.jpeg

I just use a short piece of booker rod and a couple of nuts, you could achieve the same result with a long bolt too.