Brisbane River Session #32

AUS-BNE-FISHO

2 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Drop Bear

Thanks for that, yes, it is actually the first decent mixed bag I've had there in a while. 

I haven't tried eating the prawns from that part of the river, but I had some from Colmslie (big ones) a while ago and they tasted fine. 🙂. Maybe the little ones are something I should try. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/fried-small-prawns-and-baby-fish

This is how I do them but I prefer potato flour or corn flour or something. 

Hey Drop Bear

Great, thanks for that recipe. When I catch a few next (probably next weekend) I might take some home and see how they taste. Hopefully I'll like it 🙂 I will eat a couple first just to check if they are OK, because I'm sure my mum might be a bit 'cautious' on eating them out of the river (water quality). 

Cheers Hamish

4 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Drop Bear

Great, thanks for that recipe. When I catch a few next (probably next weekend) I might take some home and see how they taste. Hopefully I'll like it 🙂 I will eat a couple first just to check if they are OK, because I'm sure my mum might be a bit 'cautious' on eating them out of the river (water quality). 

Cheers Hamish

I look forward to seeing how you go. You can eat the whole prawn, head, shell and all. I think they are great this way. 

1 hour ago, Hweebe said:

Hey @AUS-BNE-FISHO

Awesome mixed bag session report and no Catties!

I'm wondering weather you burley up when you are jetty fishing to entice some bait fish or shrimps to make enquires?

How does that spot go at night, cause I'm thinking you would be able to get onto  some bigger threadies at night? Is the Jetty lit?

Cheers

Hweebe

Hey Hweebe

Thanks for that, and yes, I was happy that there were no catties as well 🙂 I don't use burley here normally, but every now and then I will chuck a few prawn heads in a burley bag and make a trail/slick. I think it is something I should get into more, because the other day when some people threw some bread in I saw a school of mullet under them eating it (just poddies). I think if I made a bit of a better mix, I might be able to get some more bait, as well as fish 🙂 

I have never really tried at this spot at night, simply because the few times we have, we've caught suat. In saying that, like you said, I think I've got a good chance at a salmon or something larger at night time there. There aren't any lights, which is probably one of the reasons it has such little fishing pressure. The only main problem at night time are the mozzies, which will annihilate you. Maybe if I bring a mosquito net,  some chairs, some good lights, and some glow sticks for the ends of my lines so I can see when they go off it would be OK. 

Cheers Hamish