Moreton Bay Snapper 2020

Cobiaaddict

9 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Absolute cracker Josh, well done! Any idea on length, looks pretty darn long?!? 

@kmcrosby78 Not sure on length ,  Would had been in the high 80cm  bracket It was quite long but didn't have much weight,  It ended up weighing in @ 6.8kg.

The angle the pic was taken on make the fish look taller than it I should I reckon.  

13 hours ago, Cobiaaddict said:

You just got to take your opportunities when you can mate... that's my 4th trip in 2 weeks... around 30hrs fishing time for one solid fish.  3 trips for zilch. Glad my wife is patient. 

That's the story no-one hears. I'm so glad your persistence payed off. Good on you mate. Worth it for such a nice fish. 

2 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Hey @Cobiaaddict,

I'm normally an early bird fisho but have always wondered when i see people heading out 3pm/4pm if the fishing is better in the afternoon compared to an early morning start.

Cleaning the boat out in the dark doesn't really appeal to me. Should i be changing it up and trying out arvo sessions for snapper in the Bay?

Time on the water is your biggest asset mate.  Feel free to PM me and I'll answer best I can. 

3 hours ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Time on the water is your biggest asset mate.  Feel free to PM me and I'll answer best I can. 

Can’t agree with u more. Still getting used to Handling a boat in all conditions. I find the thought of travelling in the dark over open water slightly unnerving if not unnatural? Port of brisbane or lit waterways I’m ok at night but haven’t ventured into the bay after dark.

8 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Can’t agree with u more. Still getting used to Handling a boat in all conditions. I find the thought of travelling in the dark over open water slightly unnerving if not unnatural? Port of brisbane or lit waterways I’m ok at night but haven’t ventured into the bay after dark.

Travelling at night is always sketchy I reckon mate,  So many times I have come across 5,6 &7m  boats travelling with no navigational lighting on its not funny, 

28 minutes ago, Allnighter said:

Hahaaaaaaa

Wtf? 😊

Lol , wat happened to moreton island and the port of brissy lights in the background?

Dunno wat ya friends are makin all the fuss about, its only a snapper...

Cant seem to find the pics either on here of the ones you's caught this time last year Josh?

Your right  @Allnighter, it is only a little snapper, 

its not  location that was I was being harassed about, So ill  leave it at that.   It was nobody from this site ,  everybody here is super helpful and positive with every report I have ever put up which it most important.  AFO has a great bunch of young guys and veterans of the fishing scene which is great to see.  

@ellicat might know about the pics from my other reports in July & August last year, but I haven't touched them and the pics are there when I go back to those reports   

Cheers Josh <'><

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/06/2020 at 10:25 PM, Hweebe said:

On a moonlight night it is OK. Its really beautiful out there especially if the wind is down.